• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New water cooling setup questions

zeroARMY

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 22, 2003
Messages
1,195
Current setup to be watercooled:
Asus P5B deluxe
E6300
7900GTO
Corshair 520hx
Creative Xfi-gamer
2 gigs corshair 1066 ddr2
Cooler Master 534 Case

Watercooling Parts:
Swiftech MCP655
EK-Supreme
EK-FC79 Acetal

Now my question is about the radiator, in that case do you think i could get away with mounting a 120.1 radiator internally in the rear of the case where there are holes for a 120 mm fan. I would like to place the pump/res combo at the bottom of the case. Would the single 120 fan be enough to cool my VGA and CPU? Or would you suggest going to a top mount 120.3 rad
 
Definitely go with the top mounted 120.3. A single rad would be hard-pressed to cool a CPU and GPU. The 120.3 will also give you the possibility for future expansions should you decide to cool more components.
 
First off, the EK Supreme is highly restrictive, and not intended to share GPU duties in the same loop. Having a northbridge and GPU in the same loop isn't recommended. If you want to run a single loop, think about using either a Swiftech GTZ or D-Tek Fuzion.

Second, while both your CPU and GPU don't generate a ton of heat, I think you'd be pushing a 120x1 radiator to its limit at stock clocks. I'm assuming you plan on OCing your setup? BTW, what case did you plan on using?

You can always use Martin's radiator estimator to determine what works with your part selection:
http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/MartinsRadiatorEstimators.html
 
First off, the EK Supreme is highly restrictive, and not intended to share GPU duties in the same loop. Having a northbridge and GPU in the same loop isn't recommended. If you want to run a single loop, think about using either a Swiftech GTZ or D-Tek Fuzion.

Second, while both your CPU and GPU don't generate a ton of heat, I think you'd be pushing a 120x1 radiator to its limit at stock clocks. I'm assuming you plan on OCing your setup? BTW, what case did you plan on using?

You can always use Martin's radiator estimator to determine what works with your part selection:
http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/MartinsRadiatorEstimators.html

Just because a block is more restrictive doesn't mean it was designed to only be used in its own loop. The loop proposed by the OP will work just fine.
 
Just because a block is more restrictive doesn't mean it was designed to only be used in its own loop. The loop proposed by the OP will work just fine.

You sure about that? I just plugged in his data into Martin's spreadsheet, and it states the best flow he can obtain is 1.13GPM, and thats before adding a GPU block into the loop. I used the Supreme, the MCP655, a single 120x1 swiftech rad, and the EK northbridge block. Thats extremely low flow for a loop.
 
Hey guys thanks for the replies, this is my first water coolin setup and I'm trying to get everything to fit inside a CM Centurion 534. If I were to use two 120.1 rads, one mounted in the front of the case (in place of both the hdd cage and 3.25 cage), and another mounted in the rear, what would be the optimum fan setup as far as push/pull goes?

How does a Front Rad. > T-line > Pump > GPU > Rear Rad. > CPU > Front Rad. > T-line > Pump loop sound? If I use the blocks i listed (EK-Supreme) and (EK-FC79) will a MCP655-B be enough? With the proposed 2 internally mounted rad setup do you think my components will run cool enough to oc my cpu to 3.0 ghz and a mild gpu oc? Currently i'm on air at 2.8ghz with a TT big typhoon idl 45ish load 60ish 24 hr prime stable.
 
You sure about that? I just plugged in his data into Martin's spreadsheet, and it states the best flow he can obtain is 1.13GPM, and thats before adding a GPU block into the loop. I used the Supreme, the MCP655, a single 120x1 swiftech rad, and the EK northbridge block. Thats extremely low flow for a loop.

That is perfectly fine flow, anything above 1GPM is fine. I used the closest to setup to him (3x120 radiator, EK Supreme, EK FC-88) and still got over 1 GPM.

So yes, I am sure about that.
 
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the OP stated that he wanted to run this all in a single loop. If I take into account that he wants a FC block for his GPU, the flow estimator drops to 1GPM. That doesn't include tubing, elbows and other restrictions such as a reservoir or T line. I'm simply suggesting a less restrictive block for an all in one loop.
 
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the OP stated that he wanted to run this all in a single loop. If I take into account that he wants a FC block for his GPU, the flow estimator drops to 1GPM. That doesn't include tubing, elbows and other restrictions such as a reservoir or T line. I'm simply suggesting a less restrictive block for an all in one loop.

You added in a northbridge block, he isn't using a northbridge block. The loop will work fine.
 
Back
Top