New Vista Nvidia Drivers

Yep, and a lot of people, just like me, uninstalled the bloody things straight after installing them. What's the point of a new driver if the cost of correcting problems you had before is the introduction of a new one? Losing the native resolution of your widescreen monitor is simply too big a price to pay!

There are a lot of people complaining about that particular ballsup!

ymmv for sure. There's a thread in the display cards section too. I just speculated that it might relate to monitor model, because my Acer doesn't even get recognised as Plug and Play.

Same here, 1900x1200 no problems. Everything seemed pretty stable. I was able to play a few hours of EQ2 after the change with no problems.

With the new drivers I can finally play TDU @ 1600x1200, 4x AA (interestly enough I used to have 8x as an option but now only shows 4x) and HDR on my 8800GTX. For some reason before hand it ran fine up to 1280x1024 and then 1-5 fps at 1600x1200... That is fixed now.

I'm fine at 1920x1200 sounds like ymmv

Same here.

I was running the older 100.64's until these came out - they seemed to fix the dreamscene crashing problem :) Games seem to work about the same as they did with 100.64's (pretty good!) (P4 3.2GHz, 3GB RAM, 8800GTS)

Yep, and a lot of people, just like me, uninstalled the bloody things straight after installing them. What's the point of a new driver if the cost of correcting problems you had before is the introduction of a new one? Losing the native resolution of your widescreen monitor is simply too big a price to pay!

There are a lot of people complaining about that particular ballsup!

Yup, had the same problem as you. I was trying to run 1920x1080 on my Westinghouse. It kept changing to 1280x1024 and wouldn't let me go any higher. This happened after a restart or two. I just installed the previous drivers and now it works "ok".

My preferred resolution isn't a standard one. It only takes me a minute to add it using any nvidia drivers.

Same here, 1900x1200 no problems. Everything seemed pretty stable. I was able to play a few hours of EQ2 after the change with no problems.

CoD2 at 1920x1200, beautiful. These new ones are a keep for me, improved the minimum fps as well in the game. Q4 works fine as does Doom3.

i downloaded the new version, but when i was in windows update, it downloaded on top of the newer version an older version. had to cancel it, and reinstall it.

is it only me or is the image quality better??

Yup, had the same problem as you. I was trying to run 1920x1080 on my Westinghouse. It kept changing to 1280x1024 and wouldn't let me go any higher. This happened after a restart or two. I just installed the previous drivers and now it works "ok".
How'd it affect your monitor detection? Did you end up with it being recognised as 'non plug and play'?

No, it always showed up as a LVM-W3 (westinghouse), but it just wouldn't go past 1280x1024, or it wouldn't give me any higher options than 720p in the television hd signal format menu. It was fine for a while after I re-re-installed the drivers, then it went back to doing it again. I just am using the 'old' WHQL drivers now and its all working well.

I was using the 101.41 driver previously, and after this effort I've simply reverted back to the Vista default driver. I'm not gaming at present anyways.

Damn shame, this. I was looking forward to the correction of an issue whereby I only got half the screen display in Media Center when I enabled SLI. This revision was supposed to correct that, but I guess I'll be waiting another month or so now :(

I was using the 101.41 driver previously, and after this effort I've simply reverted back to the Vista default driver. I'm not gaming at present anyways.

Damn shame, this. I was looking forward to the correction of an issue whereby I only got half the screen display in Media Center when I enabled SLI. This revision was supposed to correct that, but I guess I'll be waiting another month or so now :(

Don't worry, at the rate of driver revision acceleration, you'll be installing the 2588.33 detonator drivers next month and the 64738.82 drivers by Q4.

Back