New Video Card Problem....

The Punisher 2000

Limp Gawd
Ok my old 5800 Ultra fried or something and the monitor wouldn't even turn on. RMA'd it got a new one and now everything turns on its just there are these little jumpy things along the bottom of my screen. Little white lines and what not. Anyway I try to put XP on my PC but it won't work it fully installs and everything but when it goes to load for the first time it gives me a black screen. Anyone know what Im to do about the interference (white lines) and what the problem is with my XP? Could it all be related?

T[H]anks.

they did not fix it properly, some ram is still bad or not soldered properly.

the reason you can see it booting is because it does not use much video ram untill it gets to the desktop, i expect safe mode will probably work. (press f8 before windows starts)

No its a brand new Ultra. So they might have given me a bad one. I mean when Im installing everything works fine well except for the interference thing. Anyway I really don't want to have to RMA this thing again.

T[H]anks.

OK well it must be something else. I popped in my old TI 4600 and the interference went away, but still no XP. Could it be my Harddrive? The serial ATA cables are kinda messed up. Anyway any help is appreciated.

T[H]anks.

could it be defaulting to the other output? the card has dual monitor capability, maybe XP is somehow using the one that you are not.

Yeah it could have been. I mean before I reformatted I was using the DVI port...had a VGA to DVI adapter. I took everything out. Cleaned up everything rewired (still a little messy). Booted and WOOHOO IT WORKS!!! To bad thats just the beginning of what I have to do. Gotta tweak, install drivers, install games, etc etc. Anyway thanx to everyone who tried to help.

Back