• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New video card giving performance problems..SOS

Morphx2

Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
560
So I installed new power supply, new rear case fan, new video card (went from a 4xxx to a 6850 Radeon HD) and things are acting slower. Seems like my computer is kinda chugging along at times instead of being smooth in games. DCUO was fine before, but with this videocard it kinda has texture popping and hitches. I have v-sync on and it is steady 30 sometimes, then dips to 20, then back to 30 and continuously doing that. I think TF2 got a little more sluggish, but I couldn’t tell that well.


Things I did in order

Uninstall videocard drivers/catalyst through add/remove programs
Took out old power supply and accidently took out the SATA cables, put sata cables back on HD’s (not sure if I connected them in the same ports as before, I have 2 HD’s)
Put in new power supply
Put in new video card
Connected everything
Booted up fine
Went to store, bought new rear case fan since my old one died
Hooked up case fan, closed case
Installed new drivers for video card from ATI website 11.1a (i think)


That’s it!
 
Back
Top