• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New vid card...white screen?

mrand01

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
341
I bought a BFG 6600GT OC, put it in, booted up. Everything looked normal until it was about to boot into windows (in between "windows loading screen," and login screen). After windows loading screen, my whole screen just goes white. Any ideas?
 
Try booting in safe mode. If that solved the problem it may be the default gamma or color settings in the nvidia control panel.

I don't know what else it could be if the splash screen looks ok.
 
hmm, is there a problem w/ 6600 and i845 chipset? I really can't think of anything...
 
This was not an issue w/ my video board, motherboard, or anything on the inside of my computer. It was my iPod. As soon as I disconnected my iPod from the firewire port, everything was cool. Plugged it back in, white screen again. It seems that my iPod is busted... :confused:
 
Back
Top