New vid card or just wait?

Bulwark

Limp Gawd
Sort of a double post...but I didn't want to hijack the other guy's thread

Wondering if I should get a BFG 6800GS OC (197 USD)/ eVGA 6600GT (144 USD) now...or just stick w/ my 9600XT for another year and a half till I build a new one. If the prices seem high, they're what I can get locally in Canada.

For myself, id wait but if games/apps you play/use isnt up to par then go ahead a splurge...but im skipping 7900 and waiting on dx10 cards.

Don't care about the 7900. I'm only holding out for the launch to see if the 7800GT price drops :D

Sly said:
Don't care about the 7900. I'm only holding out for the launch to see if the 7800GT price drops :D

lol...that would be nice...but I'm still on AGP, the ancient graphics port :p

Bulwark said:
lol...that would be nice...but I'm still on AGP, the ancient graphics port :p

Bought one of these off Ebay a week ago for $275..Works great...Millions of times better than my old 9700 pro.

dlenart said:
Bought one of these off Ebay a week ago for $275..Works great...Millions of times better than my old 9700 pro.

yeah...but in CDN that's quite a bit lol...so since I want to be able to play my games at a med-high quality setting maybe I'll get the 6800 GS.

Bulwark said:
yeah...but in CDN that's quite a bit lol...so since I want to be able to play my games at a med-high quality setting maybe I'll get the 6800 GS.

Every body has a different budget. I understand. I ended up buying one of these and some more memory becuase I didn't have enough to upgrade my whole system to PCI-E.

IF you are looking at the 6800 GS then I would recommend the BFG 6800 GS OC...
Lifetime warranty, Overclocked for extra kick and an overall great product. Plus it still allows more room for overclocking if your intereseted:
http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GSOC.html
You can get this one for about $200 on ebay new

dlenart said:
Every body has a different budget. I understand. I ended up buying one of these and some more memory becuase I didn't have enough to upgrade my whole system to PCI-E.

IF you are looking at the 6800 GS then I would recommend the BFG 6800 GS OC...
Lifetime warranty, Overclocked for extra kick and an overall great product. Plus it still allows more room for overclocking if your intereseted:
http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GSOC.html
You can get this one for about $200 on ebay new

Edit...However the price on the BFG 7800 GS OC keeps falling and falling on Ebay. Two weeks ago they were around $320....and now they are creeping towards the mid $200.00's

Back