• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NEW UPGRADE FOR RIG ???

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
7,288
Hey Guys, I dont know if any of you guys remember me?

But I havent been in the loop for a couple of years.
Last time I think I posted the core duos were destroying.

Now ATI is pwning up the industry in Video Cards?

Damnit

Alright, current rig is in the sig.

I do not want to change GPUs just yet. I just got this.

However , I want a new CPU , MOBO, and Ram of course.

Any takers?

I am not trying to spend any more than 400 bucks on an upgrade.

Definitely want 4 gigs of ram and a quad core cpu atleast"AMD PLEASE"
as well, I would like my MoBo with SLI support or even tri-sli with SATA 6 please

Heres what I was thinking of grabbing but I want some inputs.

Mobo - $139 Gigabyte 790 XTA with SLI and sata 6
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128416
Memory- Some corsair $124.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145285
Cpu-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz $154.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103674
Thanks guys!
 
There are no good SLi motherboard for AM3 socket. 790 does not support it
 
Grab this G.Skill set instead, which performs just as well as the Corsair kit but comes to just under $90 (with a promo code, until July 15).

The only AM3 board with tri-SLI support that I could find is the MSI NF980-G65, but it doesn't come with USB 3.0 or SATA III support. The "good" tri-SLI boards nowadays uses Intel's high-end X58 chipset, and those cost at least $200 for the cheapest one.
 
+1 to both of the above posts. If you are even thinking about tri-sli then you shouldn't go with anything but X58. Either stick to crossfire or jump to a different socket.
 
Back
Top