New Unreal Engine 4 | Effects Cave Tech Demo |

This has been available for like a week or two now.

UE4 is pretty neat.

edit: also what does Skyrim have to do with UE4

Last edited:
The problem was the engine was pc only until like just 2 days ago so no Dev would want to use it. Now that it have a xbox and ps4 option you're gonna see more and more title come out.

I really like the default AA you can't see it on crappy YouTube video but it's like txaa but cleaner less soft look. The cave démo run at 45-65fps in 1440p on my 780oc. It's good because it's just a cluster of special effects

They're getting closer. The water effects are into the uncanny valley.

This has been available for like a week or two now.

UE4 is pretty neat.

edit: also what does Skyrim have to do with UE4
That was a Skyrim dragon model pulled out and imported into the U4 engine. I watched a guy do it on youtube to see if he could do it.

I really like the default AA you can't see it on crappy YouTube video but it's like txaa but cleaner less soft look. The cave démo run at 45-65fps in 1440p on my 780oc. It's good because it's just a cluster of special effects

Yup, the default AA is temporal, it actually gets better over time if you don't move your camera. The quality is very good but it does affect the entire picture, which I don't doubt that some people won't like because it will touch textures. Your other choices are FXAA and nothing.

That was a Skyrim dragon model pulled out and imported into the U4 engine. I watched a guy do it on youtube to see if he could do it.

I thought I saw those pictures somewhere else and they were from a very modded Skyrim, but I dunno.

My bad -- that's what I get for pulling screenshots from a polish thread about UE4.

They're getting closer. The water effects are into the uncanny valley.
I thought the water effect was the worst thing about the video... clearly seeing sprites being used on emitters for the "splash" effect.

Actually, I wasn't a fan of this video, there is an overblown contrast and blurriness to the video/textures... the particle effects outside just looked too random with little depth (they all seem to be 1-5 feet away from the camera) and the fire particles are clipping through the statue breaking any sense that that is real. The bridge outside is also very stiff, I'd think it'd be rocking a little... and those ropes don't look right either... nothing interesting design-wise either, like they picked some very boring locations to try and emulate...

The worst UE4 showcase yet IMO

Looks beautiful, too much bloom/blur for my liking though.

Just imagine if they would remake Unreal 1 with these new graphics, they could do so much if they wanted to...

I'm sure the UE4 games on Xbone and PS4 will look just like this. :D

Yes because DirectX12® and The Magical Realtime Coprocessing Power of the Cloud™, now with new SmartAI Enhanced Edition powered by Cortana™©

I thought the water effect was the worst thing about the video... clearly seeing sprites being used on emitters for the "splash" effect.

Actually, I wasn't a fan of this video, there is an overblown contrast and blurriness to the video/textures... the particle effects outside just looked too random with little depth (they all seem to be 1-5 feet away from the camera) and the fire particles are clipping through the statue breaking any sense that that is real. The bridge outside is also very stiff, I'd think it'd be rocking a little... and those ropes don't look right either... nothing interesting design-wise either, like they picked some very boring locations to try and emulate...

The worst UE4 showcase yet IMO
The bridge is rocking. At what resolution did you watch the video?

The rope suspension parts on the bridge are moving, but the actual wood planks are solid, stiff. In Metal Gear 3 the whole rope bridge was loose as a goose. You could actually tip the whole thing sideways walking across it if you weren't careful. Metal Gear 3, what a great game that was!

Back