New Ubiquiti Routers

I don't love the injectors either but the way I see it, the people who will be installing UniFis (most of them..) aren't going to switch out an entire switch to put in PoE. They'd rather use injectors.

I wonder if there is an adapter that goes strait from a 3 prong US plug to a computer PSU that is solid. (IE no cord) something like that would be nice for cleaning up these injectors. Just buy a bunch of them and drop them on a power strip.

http://www.buy.com/prod/conntek-300...op-printer/234627464.html?listingId=229205910

something like that but strait.

http://www.midi-store.com/Hosa-PWA-421-adapter-p-17184.html

Closer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Ok that should work but expensive. $10 for one.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't love the injectors either but the way I see it, the people who will be installing UniFis (most of them..) aren't going to switch out an entire switch to put in PoE. They'd rather use injectors.

They're pro series stuff (including unifi pro) finally uses normal POE voltage, you do not have to use adapters as long as you have a POE compatible switch.

Ok, so the lite version is available in the UK.

£123.52 through 4gon.co.uk, US RRP price is $99..........

Anyhow, going to have to test one out, link it with my LR UniFi units.

If only they had MPLS functionality :(

Thanks,

G.

MPLS is high on the priority list for the second release. Probably in the 1st quarter of next year...and maybe even sooner.

Sub'd.... just found out about this wonderful little gem today and have pre-ordered one. I'm hoping to replace my Cisco 1811 with it as this will do everything I need it to that I have implemented now. Reading through this thread I also just learned it's based on Vyatta which is based on Debian so the linux geek in me is even more excited! This should be great for a home router (which will be my intended usage)

I bought one 2 weeks ago from microcom.us and despite saying march delivery they shipped it the next day. I'm loving mine :)

No idea if that's still the case, though.

I can't wait for these to be released. For small office installs, I currently use Netgate's m1n1wall. But at $100 for the EdgeRouter Lite, and if it features a decent QOS and OpenVPN support, I'm sold.

I haven't tried QoS and I'm still working on getting OpenVPN working. The configuration syntax (no GUI for it yet) isn't hard, but I've been working on setting up a tunnel to a Tomato router and having trouble. I might just set up a remote access one for my phone just to make sure that part works.

That guy needs to step up his game. Throughput tests without cpu % are meaningless, and I have no idea if his test traffic is destined for the router or a host on the other side. Hardware acceleration on this device only works on traffic going through the router, not to it.

We don't even know the packet sizes he's testing with. It might be able to hit 1 GBps with different packet sizes.

Last edited:
And he makes no mention of how he tested the other devices he is comparing to. Are they actually doing L3 forwarding? NAT? 1500 packets only?

Back