New TV for X1X: 4k dynamic or 4k w/ Freesync

Nightfire

2[H]4U
I am in the market for a new 4k tv for my X1X. I was originally looking to get a 4k with Freesync to keep it at 4k and help with the lower fps, however, dynamic resolution seems to work well for mist games as they often stay around 1800p with 60 fps.

Any suggestions on this? Is the extra cost of finding a 4k with Freesync worth it or does using dynamic resolution work just as well?

I'm confused by what you mean. Dynamic resolution is a thing that games sometimes make use of, not TVs. Also, you generally have no control over that on Xbox One. It doesn't matter what display you have it connected to, it always renders the game at whatever resolution it was designed to, and then it gets upscaled or downscaled to your TV/monitor.

So short answer, yes you should go for a freesync TV. Depends on your budget which one though. If it's low-ish (under $1k) I would check out the Samsung NU8000 55".

I'm confused by what you mean. Dynamic resolution is a thing that games sometimes make use of, not TVs. Also, you generally have no control over that on Xbox One. It doesn't matter what display you have it connected to, it always renders the game at whatever resolution it was designed to, and then it gets upscaled or downscaled to your TV/monitor.

So short answer, yes you should go for a freesync TV. Depends on your budget which one though. If it's low-ish (under $1k) I would check out the Samsung NU8000 55".

I thought some games had a max performance setting (maintaining 60 fps) and some had a max resolution setting of maintaining 2160p with lower fps, but if it is alm dynamic resolution, than I can't see Freesync being worth it.

I thought some games had a max performance setting (maintaining 60 fps) and some had a max resolution setting of maintaining 2160p with lower fps, but if it is alm dynamic resolution, than I can't see Freesync being worth it.
Some games do offer this option, but not a lot. Regardless, Freesync will be a boon in both scenarios.

Back