New Tool Downloads Any Netflix Video Instantly

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Gee, wonder what Netflix thinks about this? The big thing, I think, is that it actually lets you convert the downloaded files and keep them indefinitely.

…it is the first Windows application that allows people to download Netflix videos to their computers through an easy-to-use interface. After logging in to Netflix, users simply enter the video URL and ‘Free Netflix Downloader’ then downloads any video in a few minutes. The tool also offers the option to convert the output files to AVI, MP3, or a version optimized for iPhone and iPad. “This is the ONLY app in the world that can do this trick now!” DVDVideoSoft’s Alex informs TF. The software supports multiple downloads at the same time and according to the developer, it is ideal for people who have slow Internet connections, among other things

As long as only the tech savvy can save videos indefinitely it's ignored by the content providers. But as soon as someone makes an idiot tool for it, then all hell breaks loose.

IF Netflix were smart, they wouldn't sue - they would buy this company out and find a way to integrate it into their ecosystem under their branding.

Absolutely, the licensing with studios demands that these be stream-only, so they can pull things at random - which they do all the time.

It tricks Netflix into downloading the low quality mobile versions. You could probably do the same with F12 or an android emulator.

The headline a blurb read like clickbait malware spam. Not clicking that link. How could you download hours of HD video instantly and why would you save it to mp3 and the word trick is even used.

Not worth it... its not like Netflix won't know you have broken the terms of your account. They could choose to go the dick route and kill accounts.

I would assume they will go after this with the same aggression they have went after the geo unlockers. I give this app around a week if it actually works before it doesn't.

Perhaps on the up side (although a long shot) Netflix may rethink their terrible copy protection and go with something new that will allow people to use 1080p in browsers they actually use. Its clear the crap MS favors sucks. lol :)

IF Netflix were smart, they wouldn't sue - they would buy this company out and find a way to integrate it into their ecosystem under their branding.
Netflix doesn't want you to be able to keep the streams. Why would they buy a tool that circumvents their own protection from the studios and hand it to their users?

This can have serious repercussions for netflix when negotiating deals with studios. "Well we can't guarantee that everyone won't be downloading your movies trough us with this tool" vs "We can guarantee people can only stream content as long as they have a subscription and can't save them"

I know this goes against reason, but this is how studios work, they live in the past, they can't understand that if you give good content to people conveniently and reasonably priced they won't care about piracy anymore.

Right now they do allow some but not all of their movies/shows to be downloaded and viewed offline with things like tablets.
------
They had to know this was gonna happen sooner or later and now that it has they will probably activate some change they had planned just in case it did.

Probably won't be long to see.

For some reason, the first thought that entered my head when I read this was "I wonder what studio is behind this so they can try to extort higher licensing fees from Netflix". Maybe I'm just cynical, but sadly it really does seem to fit in with previous stunts the studios have pulled such as having their content uploaded specifically so it could be pirated and they could point to it and make all sorts of wild damage claims.

As someone who can't use online streaming stuff like netflix, or YT for most of the day without hacks to stream/disable DASH etc, this is a godsend and I would subscribe...

Any of the tools used to download netflix I have used have been terrible in quality unless I use a screen recorder

I'll have to try this out since it'd be great to watch Netflix shows & movies (I'm a subscriber) on a flight w/o utilizing any network connections or the Netflix app/site.

I'll have to try this out since it'd be great to watch Netflix shows & movies (I'm a subscriber) on a flight w/o utilizing any network connections or the Netflix app/site.

As mentioned previously, you can download movies and shows direct from Netflix on to tablets. They can then be watched offline without any network connection.

Of course you have to have a tablet and use their app. But it's completely doable already.

And worst of all I have only tried this in iOS on an iPad......and I hate to say the A word on this site.

Reactions: NAiLs
like this
As mentioned previously, you can download movies and shows direct from Netflix on to tablets. They can then be watched offline without any network connection.

Of course you have to have a tablet and use their app. But it's completely doable already.

And worst of all I have only tried this in iOS on an iPad......and I hate to say the A word on this site.
I actually came on here to say this very same thing. Netflix lets you download content for offline viewing on your mobile devices already, so why go the illegal and stupid route?

[H] sure loves Android and hates anything Apple... it's pretty clear in every single news post about Apple products. ;)

Just personal preference. I'd rather use Kodi than rely on the Netflix app in offline mode. Offline mode for most streaming apps (like a few of the Ultraviolet types) can be a headache. My aim is to play a downloaded video on my laptop rather than my low-end tablet.

Back