Let me start by saying my intentions.
I currently have a Shuttle SB51G. But, the noisiness of the machine has started to get on my nerves. So, I looked at fans, and looked at changing out what needed to be changed out. And I have since decided that watercooling will be a comparable path to take.
Now, this isn't going into a SB51G any longer either. I am building a exact replica of the Shuttle out of smoked lucite. I am also going to add a inch to the bottom of the Shuttle, and going to build a built in reservoir, and a spot to put the radiator.
So, onward and upward. This is a P4, and I also plan on cooling the GPU, so have to add that too.
Doing pricing, this is what I have came with:
Single Fan 120MM Radiator.................$19.99
Thermaltake Aquarius GPU Block........$30.00
NexXxos SP CPU block.......................$35.99
Hydor L20 Pump.................................$35.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal..............................................$120.98 w/o shipping.
So, here I am now, I'd like comments on my choices. What to switch out. Can I get that used cheaper. It needs to be around $130 shipped for everything (I know what I have now isn't), and I want to build my own. Also, don't recommend something extravagant; the CPU isn't overclocked and the GPU (a 9600) is barely. This is more so a quiet thing for me.
I'm building my shroud out of the smoked lucite, so that is taken care of. I have tubing and a quiet 120MM fan already. From there, I have decisions to make, hopefully with some help.
Pointers? Thoughts? Maybe point me a a cheaper decent pump?
Thanks in advance.
I currently have a Shuttle SB51G. But, the noisiness of the machine has started to get on my nerves. So, I looked at fans, and looked at changing out what needed to be changed out. And I have since decided that watercooling will be a comparable path to take.
Now, this isn't going into a SB51G any longer either. I am building a exact replica of the Shuttle out of smoked lucite. I am also going to add a inch to the bottom of the Shuttle, and going to build a built in reservoir, and a spot to put the radiator.
So, onward and upward. This is a P4, and I also plan on cooling the GPU, so have to add that too.
Doing pricing, this is what I have came with:
Single Fan 120MM Radiator.................$19.99
Thermaltake Aquarius GPU Block........$30.00
NexXxos SP CPU block.......................$35.99
Hydor L20 Pump.................................$35.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal..............................................$120.98 w/o shipping.
So, here I am now, I'd like comments on my choices. What to switch out. Can I get that used cheaper. It needs to be around $130 shipped for everything (I know what I have now isn't), and I want to build my own. Also, don't recommend something extravagant; the CPU isn't overclocked and the GPU (a 9600) is barely. This is more so a quiet thing for me.
I'm building my shroud out of the smoked lucite, so that is taken care of. I have tubing and a quiet 120MM fan already. From there, I have decisions to make, hopefully with some help.
Pointers? Thoughts? Maybe point me a a cheaper decent pump?
Thanks in advance.