New to watercooling. Friend gave me an old setup.

TravisH

n00b
Hello everyone. My first post here but I've been reading the forums for awhile now.

My friend gave me an old Tt Bigwater SE kit that he wasn't using anymore. I figured I'd install in my Antec 900 and give it a shot. This is my first time actually doing the water cooling but I've done my fair share of research (thought about doing wc a few times).

Sorry for the bad picture. I only have my cell phone. (Even a 3.2 MP cell phone camera sucks.)
2954061470_6e7a076fc8_b.jpg

I just want other people's input. I put the loop together in the case and letting it run overnight and checking for any issues in the morning. The order I went is pump, rad, cpu, res.

One question I have. Does it matter which component is the highest point? I'd like to move the reservoir down a few bays but don't know if I can. Also, the only way I could fit the rad in the case was a little modifying to the rad housing. That's ok it's upside-down right?

My system is:
Q6600 G0. 3.4ghz - 378x9 - 1.4v - AC F7 Pro
MSI P43 Neo3
4gb OCZ Reaper 4-4-4-12
VisionTek 4850
2x 320gb WD Raid 0

You're doing fine... nothing wrong with how you've got it set up.. doesnt matter which way up the rad is either, the component order doesn't matter but it's always good to have the res before the pump.
The only thing i would be concerned about is the pump failing as its 'the norm' with those kits.

It doesn't matter THAT much, but in general a res should be at the highest point. This allows the res to function as designed in terms of filling the loop.

Back