• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New to overclocking...

verbalz

n00b
Joined
Apr 24, 2012
Messages
10
Decided to give a little bit of oc to my 2500k with the stock cooler, until I get into a new case and cooler. 4.2ghz at 1.25v , prime95 for 6 hours, 72c top temp. Safe to run it this way for a bit or no?
 
Decided to give a little bit of oc to my 2500k with the stock cooler, until I get into a new case and cooler. 4.2ghz at 1.25v , prime95 for 6 hours, 72c top temp. Safe to run it this way for a bit or no?

All day.:cool:

It would be doubtful that everyday activities will put a full out stress on that CPU the way a stress test does. Just monitor your temperatures with something like Hardware monitor...(from CPU-z website) to make sure things don't get out of hand.

Another program to use would be the Intel Burn Test.

If you are stable at modest temps (and 72C isn't bad) then you'll be GTG.
I would recommend a better cooler though, eventually.....the stock colers are pretty weak.
 
Yeah, planning on a larger case and a h100 in about a month or so. I'll take it easy for now. Thanks :)
 
Back
Top