New to overclocking on Ryzen

Kato1144

Limp Gawd
I'm starting to play around with 3.8-3.9GHz and i was having to get up to 1.3v core for stable-ish clocks, so I headed back to the UEFI and looked at this value I have never seen coming directly from a sandy bridge system, the SOC-Voltage.

I have googled the SOC-Voltage for Ryzen and have come up short, there is references to other CPU's and what it actually it is but i need to know what is a safe SOC voltage.
1.1000 is default, I'm currently at 1.1332v right now it helped me lower my v-core to 1.26 witch im currently using for a 3.83GHz clock, I would like to mess around with it more but I don't know at what voltage i should draw the line and I can't find any info on that right now, so does any one have a idea on what is the maximum safe voltage for SOC and any other bit's of info I should know will be appreciated, all i know right now is i should not go over 1.35v core for 24/7 use

Thanks for reading

Vsoc limit is 1.2 I believe, its the system on a chip portion so is the memory controller, pcie etc. portion of the chip. Bumping it apparently helps the memory controller, I'm going to bump mine up some and see if I can get more speed out of my ram (stick at 2400 on 3000 rated ram).

Back