New To Overclocking, BSoD on boot

KillaChaos

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
351
I am trying to overclock my e8400 on my Asus P5E-VM Hdmi. Everytime I change the settings from Auto to stock and increase the FSB (happened on 343 Mhz, but not on 333) I cannot boot into the OS.

This are the settings I am using that successfully POSTS and gets to the Vista Boot Manager

400 x 9 / 6-6-6-15 @ 400 Mhz / 1.1625 Vcore

Any suggestions?
 
I am trying to overclock my e8400 on my Asus P5E-VM Hdmi. Everytime I change the settings from Auto to stock and increase the FSB (happened on 343 Mhz, but not on 333) I cannot boot into the OS.

This are the settings I am using that successfully POSTS and gets to the Vista Boot Manager

400 x 9 / 6-6-6-15 @ 400 Mhz / 1.1625 Vcore

Any suggestions?

Whats your memory settings set at? 1.1625 sounds pretty low, have you read the overclocking guide sticky yet?
 
I increased the voltage to 1.2175. I chose 1.625 because cpuz reported about 1.112 on stock. But it seems stable right now.
 
Back
Top