New to HD-DVD (a little late in the game)

Phimp

Gawd
I went to buy King Kong on DVD at Best Buy and instead of paying $20+ after tax for the DVD I paid $35 for the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player and it came with King Kong HD-DVD.

The quality is outstanding as expected, and I'm pretty happy with it.

I figure since it's a dying/dead media that the HD-DVD's can be had for fairly cheap.

Not long ago there wered tons of [H]ot deals on hd-dvd sets such as Planet Earth but not so many lately, have they all sold?

Any recommendations on stores/sites with cheap HD-DVD's?

Thanks!

ya, that's my last resort, I hate dealing with bids and worrying about the quality of what I'm getting.

hddvdboxsets.com maybe? looks pretty good and I think it goes through amazon.com

Amazon my friend. Just scan the weekly HD-DVD sales once a week and you'll get some great bargains.

i have thought about doing this also..... hddvds are so cheap now and theresome good titles... i could spend 150 on the lg bluray hddvd combo drvie.... which would be better but 35 for a hd player and a movie is good

Check your local GameStop or game shop like that. I know the ones in my area are having sales on their DVDs (Buy 2 get 3 free) This includes Blu-Ray, HD-DVDs, and Box sets (TV, MOVIES, and MUSIC).

You might have some luck here. I know my local one has had The Bourne Trilogy, 300, King Kong, Mall Rats, Hulk, and some others.

I'm waiting for the same thing, since I don't understand the point in completely ditching the format yet if you already have the player. You get the same quality as Blu-Ray so why sell out. :)

Look at inetvideo.com. Lots of cheap stuff there. Shipping can be kind of silly (1.98 per item) but when you're only paying 6-9 bux per disk it isn't that bad. Be warned however, that this is a Canadian site and alot of the disks they sell have English/French cover art. There was a big bruhaha over this for some reason a while back. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them and was very pleased.

Look at inetvideo.com. Lots of cheap stuff there. Shipping can be kind of silly (1.98 per item) but when you're only paying 6-9 bux per disk it isn't that bad. Be warned however, that this is a Canadian site and alot of the disks they sell have English/French cover art. There was a big bruhaha over this for some reason a while back. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them and was very pleased.

I was pleased as well. But one time they had a weekend free shipping special that i missed out on. Ordered one day too early and could've saved $20 on shipping. Other than that, it's the best deal for new HD-DVDs out there. Amazon rarely has anything under $10, this place has the majority of its HD-DVDs under.

EDIT: Just checked out their selection again and it seems that there a LOT of used HD-DVDs now. Didn't see one of them two months ago. I wonder why that is.

They might be getting discs from rental places that are dumping their inventory. They seem to be some sort of clearing house. I haven't bought anything used from them yet, so I can't vouch for the condition of the used stuff. If you can hit a free shipping weekend special that they run occasionally it really makes it worth while.

Back