New To Folding.

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
Saw that you guys needed help, and I realised that I do have an assload of cycles just laying around. I've decided to institue a "trial period", with my old server being re-born as a folding box (Pentium3 750MHz, 512MB of memory, Gentoo Linux) since it's been shutdown for months. Also, I've added it onto my main machine that's in my sig. I sit online and post on these forums / my forums / chat on AOL alot, so there are tons of cycles, plus I leave my computer running when I sleep and work anyway, so more free cycles. :D I'm Prime95 31 Hours+ stable, so I'm sure I'm not compiling messed up #s. If you have any rules against running OC'd boxes let me know, and I'll just fold on the Pentium3. Hoping to help you guys out and put my hardware to some use. So far, my main box isn't feeling any slower so that's a plus. ;)

Once I start getting some stats behind my username, how do I add that sexah link to my folding profile? Definately worth showing off.

Thanks guys.

Welcome!

Once you get a workunit done you can get the H's from - > www.hardfolding.com
-F@H Stats -> Search box: YourFoldingName
text to copy at the bottom of the screen..

As long as it is stable, OC'ing is no problem...

Thanks for joining up, and welcome!

I just realised there was a registration involved. :p I just figured adding team 33 was all that was needed. Reguardless, registered and waiting on "information to be added".

Edit: Are your [H] folding stats automatically added to the end of your posts, or do you have to manually link them each time?

You don't actually *need* the registration; you show up on hardfolding just the same. But might as well go whole hog, I guess. Once you finish a WU and HF updates itself, you'll be on the list.

If you look at the bottom of your HF user page, you can see the code for the badge. You copy this into a bookmark, and then use that instead of the submit button to finish your posts. Pretty easy once you get used to it.

thanks and welcome to the [H]orde! We can use all the cycles we can get, the duck must be returned to american soil!! I'm sure you will find that folding is very addictive, in the past two months I gone from one lone b0xen to 7 cpu's running, and more on the way.

Fold on!!!

I just logged in, and it says Welcome tsuehpsyde, but it doesn't have anything different at all, and it still has a login panel below...I guess I still gotta wait before it's all "processed".

37/500, yowza...meh, that's why the machine runs when I sleep. ;)

tsuehpsyde said:
I just logged in, and it says Welcome tsuehpsyde, but it doesn't have anything different at all, and it still has a login panel below...I guess I still gotta wait before it's all "processed".

37/500, yowza...meh, that's why the machine runs when I sleep. ;)

Ya logging in really desn't do anything different to the page, I usually don't mess with it, I just bookmarked my HF Stats and the team stats page and it works out great.

Fold on fellas!

Mmmmm.... more happy folding boxen! Welcome to the team, and don't mind Majic when he says he's a folding addict, most of us are too! :p

Majic lives about 15 minutes away from me, reguardless if he's aware or not. ;) And I searched for my username under stats and saw nothing, so I'm guessing I'll be able to do the stuff tomorrow.

And I'm a but confused about the "bookmark" thing....can you elaborate a bit more about how that works?

tsuehpsyde said:
Majic lives about 15 minutes away from me, reguardless if he's aware or not. ;) And I searched for my username under stats and saw nothing, so I'm guessing I'll be able to do the stuff tomorrow.

YEah it is going to take up to 6hrs from your first complete wu for you to show.

And I'm a but confused about the "bookmark" thing....can you elaborate a bit more about how that works?

There is a thread around here somewhere that used to be sticky........I'll go look.

Welcome to the [H]orde. Folding is addictive. My wife doesn't understand how letting my computers sit here doing nothing can be so exciting. Bless her heart.

uncleb said:
Welcome to the [H]orde. Folding is addictive. My wife doesn't understand how letting my computers sit here doing nothing can be so exciting. Bless her heart.

I really hope they are not doing nothing....

They are definitely NOT doing nothing. That is just her impression. Since no one is sitting there using the computer, it must be doing nothing. I tied explaing it to her, but she just told me to have fun doing it. She's just not that interested in computers. I even offered to show her what I was doing when I built my new system last month. Then again, I have no interest in learning that Yoga stuff she is into, so it is fair I guess.

uncleb said:
Then again, I have no interest in learning that Yoga stuff she is into, so it is fair I guess.
But that is far more interesting to watch ;)

Since i've been dedicated to HardOCP for about 2 years or so i thought i would Fold hence borging machines @ Work since I moved and can't get highspeed. Just started Folding the around the 1st of the month lets see if the Badge works

I finished my first 0/500 thing that the folding icon had in queue...now its out of 2500 (its at...25/2500 right now). How much longer until I show up under the H's folding page?

tsuehpsyde said:
I finished my first 0/500 thing that the folding icon had in queue...now its out of 2500 (its at...25/2500 right now). How much longer until I show up under the H's folding page?

I think my first one took a couple hours to show up.

uncleb said:
I think my first one took a couple hours to show up.

To quote King_N from a different thread, this is the information on when hf.com updates.

King_N said:
Actually hardfolding updates right after stanford updates the stats file, as long as stanford's file is updated hardfolding is updated, for that matter no other stats site updates any sooner as we all have to wait for the same file to be updated on their side.

A lot of people seem to get confused by the update times, stanford goes by pacific time and updates at 12am, 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm, [H] is located in central time zone so instead it lists the updates as 2am, 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, 11pm. This is the same update just different time zones, also keep in mind that the update times are when stanford starts the stats update not when they are available, it takes them quite a while to process on their end.

Nice infos here... I was supposed to ask a few questions, especially about the tag and bookmark thing :) I think the topic should be updated to be more clear and pinned for the future [H]ard folders.

I started a new thread on the [H] tag thing.. will be updating it here soon as i can put it together a little better.

I'm official. :D

I'm at a friends, so I have to go home and setup the javascript in my favorites.

chileman said:
Oh no, we loves us some overclocking! Make sure to go to: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=900279 and post your overclock and help us get to 25GHZ to help beat the OCAU.

Well.. I just started folding yesterday as well.. put up a total of 7.2GHz folding as we speak. :D

I have a couple of other machines I might throw in the mix as temp solutions as well which will add another 4.7GHz combined.

EDIT: If I get any ambition at home.. I'll dig out the old Athlon 900 oced to 1.2... and get that one folding as well... just need space to put it.. lol

When you say GHz for an AMD, like mine is 2.35GHz but with a PR of 3625+....is that 2.35GHz or 3.6GHz? I went with the actual MHz....

AtomicMoose said:
count the actual Mhz

Roger that. Man my poor old 750MHz is dying out there...altho it diddn't get a 500 part work order, I think since I set it up second it went straight into a 2500 part work order....it's at like 29% after running almost two days. :eek: Oh well, once it dumps the work into the stats, it'll be like a free present. :D

OOPs... 1 of the ones I'm folding on now I didnt have as actual GHz measured.. Its an Athlon 3200+... the others are counted in actual MHz though.. :)

So current folding is -1GHz... Am at 6.2GHz instead of 7.2.. my bad

tsuehpsyde said:
Roger that. Man my poor old 750MHz is dying out there...altho it diddn't get a 500 part work order, I think since I set it up second it went straight into a 2500 part work order....it's at like 29% after running almost two days. :eek: Oh well, once it dumps the work into the stats, it'll be like a free present. :D

I know how you feel... My first WU when i joined was a 600 pointer, 7500 parts. took 4 days to complete but the points is a nice gift to boost.

Okay.....so, I was on around 1625/2500 on my second work order, and I had to reboot. I rebooted, F@H came back on with windows and started its work....said 0/0 for a few then it jumped right back where it was, like 1625/2500. Then I noticed now it says 7/125 but it still says only 1 WU completed. So then it also says on the visual screen you can bring up

7/125
56s/frame
1748/125 (estimage)

Seems a bit...off balanced. Some reason for this weirdness?

Back