• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New to crossfire,need some help

Dave65

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
844
Hi all,

Ive been using a single 5870 for a year almost,just got a second and it works fine in benchmarks,only games ive tried is Dirt 2 and Lost Planet 2 but crossfire is definatly not working in Dirt 2 at all according to MSI AB...Lost Planet 2 works fine..I do have the CAP 4 profiles installed if that matters..Anyways any help would be great..

Thanks..
 
Does your FPS confirm what msi afterburner claims? I also have dirt 2, dont seem to have any issues. Crazy thing is i have negative scaling issues with crossfire turned on in lost planet 2, though i have not tried lost planet sense 10.10 drivers. In any case i would check to see what fraps or another fps reporting tool says about your Dirt 2 performance, comparatively speaking with your single 5870 performance.
 
Yes it is confirmed,I get the same FPS as I did with one card..Benchmarks come out the same as it did with one card..I know its strange..
 
If you are using AB to check FPS, I don't think AB works with CrossfireX.

At least when I had my Crossfired 5870s (up until September) AB didn't work with Crossfire, so you maay be getting bad data.
 
Try completely uninstalling your drivers and reinstalling. I have run into issues in the pass by not doing a fresh install of the ATI drivers. May fix your prob, hopefully this helps.
 
Try completely uninstalling your drivers and reinstalling. I have run into issues in the pass by not doing a fresh install of the ATI drivers. May fix your prob, hopefully this helps.

Yes, good idea. Sometimes the driver fails to recognize the second card if it was installed after the primary card.

What driver version are you using? make sure you have the most recent Crossfire Application Profiles loaded, you can use the newest profiles with an older driver if you want to.

Did you look at Afterburner to see if the second card was being utilized at all in your games? Unfortunately, Crossfire scaling is just not there in some games
 
Back
Top