New to C2D help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SX2233

Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
874
Is there any special patches for windows or command line that I need for this proccessor? thx
 
SX2233 said:
Is there any special patches for windows or command line that I need for this proccessor? thx

Negatory, but make sure you right mouse click on desktop, go to Properties->Screen Save->Power and set to "minimal power management". This will enable EIST, which you probably want.
 
jvrobert said:
Negatory, but make sure you right mouse click on desktop, go to Properties->Screen Save->Power and set to "minimal power management". This will enable EIST, which you probably want.
This isn't necessary unless you're running a laptop to save on battery power.
 
dark_reign said:
This isn't necessary unless you're running a laptop to save on battery power.

Why do people always hate on CnQ and EIST? What if he just wants to save power, period? Unless you're overclocking I can't see any reason not to run EIST.
 
Sabrewulf165 said:
Why do people always hate on CnQ and EIST? What if he just wants to save power, period? Unless you're overclocking I can't see any reason not to run EIST.

who doesn't oc with a conroe? especially ppl on hardforum
 
SX2233 said:
who doesn't oc with a conroe? especially ppl on hardforum

Overclocking and EIST are orthogonal. I don't see what the one has to do with the others.

I'm overclocked to 3.5GHz so far and I have EIST enabled, it keeps the processor cooler when it's not doing anything.
 
SX2233 said:
who doesn't oc with a conroe? especially ppl on hardforum

Ummm... I don't overclock. Guess I'm not "[H]ard" or something right? LOL :rolleyes:
 
SX2233 said:
:rolleyes: thaz right fool you are not [H]ard


God... I'm so depressed now. What have I been doing with my life? Not enough I guess.... I'm gonna go have 1 final smoke and then end it all.....


Good bye cruel world.
 
Poncho said:
God... I'm so depressed now. What have I been doing with my life? Not enough I guess.... I'm gonna go have 1 final smoke and then end it all.....


Good bye cruel world.

Leave me your sig rig in your will?











;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top