New tech on the horizon?

Looking at upgrading my graphics card but I know that the current tech from both nVidia and ATI have been out for a while (well a while for the industry) I would hate to buy and 6 months later have some new revolutionary tech come out.

Anyone seen or heard of whats on the horizon graphics wise?

Any help or advice is appreciated thanks.

I think the general word on the street is that AMD/Nvidias new stuff is due out in the fall. If you can wait a few more months then by all means. Otherwise as little as $200 can get you a very good card from the current gen, which should still last quite a while. It's a good time to be a graphics consumer IMO.

Ati's should hit the street in about a month, nvidia, we have no hard dates and lot of FUD. Looks like ATI's will retail for 250 and 299, for the top end of the next gen, however, expect lots of price gouging.

current tech from both nVidia and ATI have been out for a while (well a while for the industry) I would hate to buy and 6 months later have some new revolutionary tech come out.

You should stick to consoles...

I would hate to buy and 6 months later have some new revolutionary tech come out.

That's half the fun of being a PC gamer. It always helps to make informed purchases and do your research first so that you aren't left too far behind the curve, so you can get the most out of your investment.

Back