• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New System Questions

mt_100

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
342
My current gaming system runs well, but isn't the newest. However I am still gaming on a 19" monitor and would like something a little bigger and some more features.

My wife really wants an all in one PC and unfortunately they don't do gaming well. I'm not a serious hard core gamer, only time to time and I can live with settings turned down a little for better performance.

Games I play now are Mafia, the Call of Duty and Medal of Honor series, MS Flight Sim X, and the Original FEAR. Games I want to play in the future are the rest of the FEAR series, CoD Modern Warfare 2, the new CoD and MOH games, and Mafia 2.

Looking around I see MSI has some all in one systems that come with ATI Mobility 5730 GPU in it which sounds a bit appealing. Available with Core i5 or Intel® Core 2 Quad Q9400s / Intel® Pentium E5400 CPU.

So the question is, with my current system specs listed here, would I get a drop in performance or how exactly would it compare? It's not worth it if performance would go down at all.

Are there other All In One systems with better GPU in them?
Thoughts?

My Current System:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor
3GB A-DATA DDR2 800 (2x1GB and 2x512MB)
Sapphire HD 4850 512mb
 
they are just overprice laptops without a keyboard.

Get a normal desktop, you will be happier.
 
Thanks for your opinion, but I'm looking for someone with knowledge or experience related to the performance as it compares to what I have now.
 
So I should actually see a bit of a boost in overall performance based on the almost equal GPU and faster CPU then. Makes it appealing.

Wish they made a gaming all-in-one with upgradable GPU.
 
Back
Top