New system, power problem.

SM0k3

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
277
I just got my motherboard & cpu combo in the mail today but upon installing everything I noticed that my board(fp-in9) has a 8pin atx12v connector? I have a Antec truepower 2.0(550watt) powersupply but it doesn't have this connector, I did connect the 20pin+4 atx connection but when I powered up the PC everything turned on except the video(no speaker beeps either)...... :confused:


My question is, do I NEED to have the ATX12v connected along with the 24pin mobo connection too? :confused:
 
I have a Truepower 430 and MSI P6N Platinum. The mobo has an eight pin power connector, like yours, near the CPU socket. However, it only requires that the ATX12v 4-pin power (CPU) connector be plugged in. My mobo has a cover over four of the eight pin sockets, so which side to plug the available 12V supply to is obvious.
 
I have a Truepower 430 and MSI P6N Platinum. The mobo has an eight pin power connector, like yours, near the CPU socket. However, it only requires that the ATX12v 4-pin power (CPU) connector be plugged in. My mobo has a cover over four of the eight pin sockets, so which side to plug the available 12V supply to is obvious.

Ok, thats what I thought.....I guess i have something connected wrong then. Time to go back over things. :eek:
 
got a new cable management PSU with the 8pin CPU connector to replace my old one, and it still wont post....no video with 1 long beep and 2 short ones. Sounds like videocard to me but ive reinserted it a couple of times and it still doesnt work.

Maybe its possible the videocard was bad out the store? :mad:



Tried a old 3dfx PCI card, and the system boots fine......
 
Back
Top