New system planning is going on, case ideas?

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey,

In the wake of Conroe/Woodcrest I have decided I am going to finally upgrade from my old P4 2.4 Northwood system.

I have a CPU (E 6700), GPU (Radeon x1800xt), RAM (2 gigs of Corsair OC ram), and hard drives (4 x Seagate 500Mb) in mind, but I am not sure if I should junk my current case or not.

I currently have a Chieftec/Antec Dragon case, and it is awesome, but, if I could keep my old comp intact as a media server that would be good too.

My original idea was to buy another Dragon case, but I am sure there are new things on the market. Here are my criteria: Must have 4x 5.25" external drive bays, 1 3.5" external bays, at least room inside for 8 HDs (if I have to buy extra cages it is OK), good airflow, no windows (extra fanports are OK and encouraged), no crazy lights, and no weird colors (black is preferred, though I could deal with bare metal look), and full tower made of steel is preferred. Oh, and a removeable mobo tray is a very good thing.

I would keep your old system together and buy another case. You can never have too many computers. :D
Stupid question... but why on earth would you want the new case made out of steel over aluminum?

Well steel is sturdier and definitely better from an acoustic point of view compared to aluminium. Not to mention cheaper.

Back