• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New system crashes....Processor related?

buginajar

n00b
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
16
Specs:

Silverstone 650W Psu
Abit Fatal1ty nForce4 Sli
AMD x2 4200 Manchester
Zalman 7700Cu
OCZ (2x1gb) DDR400 2.5-2-2-5 Platinum Memory
XFX 7800GTX
WD 74gb Raptor
WD 250gb SATAII

Recently when playing CS:S i got a few bsod's .....

updated to forceware 81.94 and downloaded windows update. Got the x2 hotfix. and ran memtest. Mem covered 400% adn no errors so I stopped it (don't know if i was supposed to let it run longer.)

Abit board has a 37 post code sometimes which means 'Test DMA Channel 1', but from what I've read it doesn't mean anything.

No more bsod's so far, but cs:s still freezes randomly.

Cpu is about 41c when the game freezes and sometimes I am not able to alt-tab. (I can but the cs:s still stays there)

When I can alt tab......task manager says both cores are pegged at 100%.


Any ideas?
 
you will need to creat 2 shortcuts to prime95 on your desktop.. right click on one and change "tagert" to C:\(your root directory)\PRIME95.EXE -A0, and the other shortcut to C:\(your root directory)\PRIME95.EXE -A1, then when you run prime do a "custom" torture test and allow only 45% on each of your ram to be run.. you will need to do this to max both cores on your X2.
 
cool running it now
but it says testing Mxxxxxxx

are those memory addresses?
both seem to be testing the same addresses
 
no, it's just running that many fft's of whatever size. if it encounters an unexpected number, it'll stop and give you an error. if games are crashing, you should get an error within 5-30 min
 
IT ran for an hour and a half with no issues.

I am pretty sure its just a Steam issue or an hl2.exe issue.

I just wanted to make sure.
 
Back
Top