• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New System Build

ChRoNo16

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,594
I still have to get the pictures uploaded, but I just finally got my gear and rebuilt my main desktop.

New Specs:

Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad overclocked to 3.2
24gb Patriot DDR3-16000 ram I think im running 9-9-9 24
Evga GTS 450 (fermi) 1gb video card
Asus Maximus III Gene Mainboard

For cooling the CPU I bought a Corsair H70. I normally like to build my own, but this is just a fantastic system, Nice and small. Tho I wish the tubes were longer.

The board is nice, definitely much smaller than my Evga 790i was. and less ports, but number of hardware items wise I downgraded. Adding 2tb drives to replace the 500gig satas I was using. All in all it turned out pretty nice, I still have some more work to do as far as setting up temp probes and such. But speed wise this is finally a crusher system


Before anyone asks. Because I know the question will come up. The reason for 24gigs of system ram, is because this is my main gaming multi media and office machine. Meaning I normally do my heavy gaming as well as have virtual machines running in the backround, and I want them to use ram instead of swapping. That just bogs them down.

Ill get pics up soon, Have to find out how I get them off of my iphone....
 
Plug your phone into your pc and upload them to your computer, Id like to see.
 
...or just email them to yerself if you have email set up on the iphone and internet on the computer...
 
Sorry- I been gone a lot lately. Ill get them up this weekend. The box has to come down and get a few things straightened out that I overlooked at first.
 
The guts that went into what I call Thor.
Gunna do some cable cleanup before posting running pictures, maybe this week.

019xf.jpg

012wc.jpg

018tx.jpg

011zxn.jpg

017iqd.jpg

016qsx.jpg

015kd.jpg

014nk.jpg

013mq.jpg
 
Back
Top