New stereo speaker setup

Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
27
First, let me say that I do not want surround sound or headphones.

My first two options are either the Swan M200s or the Logitech Z-2300s.

The other option is getting a receiver/amplifier and a pair of bookshelf speakers. I have been looking at the Insignia™ 6-1/2" Bass-Reflex Bookshelf Speakers. Are there any other nice bookshelf speakers for a similar price?
For the receiver/amplifier, would a T-Amp be better or worse than a Sherwood RX-4105 receiver? Or, are there any other receivers/amps that are better?

My budget goes up to $200, $250.
I would like to get the best sound possible for the money. I listen to mostly classical music, so I do not need a lot of bass, but enough for it to sound balanced.

Thank you for your help.
 
Swans would be ideal for that budget. They will provide excellent detail for classical.
 
i need to know this too..not to hijacked your thread but if anyone can recommend some good ones for rock music that would be awesome too..my budget is kinda like OP
 
Back
Top