• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Stacker 830 Case..Need Cooling Suggestions

RiZZo0

Gawd
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
792
Hey guys I just purchased a new Stacker 830 Case and needed some suggestions for some CPU cooling as well as some suggestions for some nice LED Fans.

Basically I was looking at either putting a Thermalright Ultra-120 or a ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED on the CPU.

Anybody think any of those CPU coolers might be too tall and could potentially hit the side panel door on the case? The only reason I ask is because I wanna have 4 fans on the side door and I'm guessing that Ultra 120 might be too tall but the Zalman might be perfect for the job.

Next thing is does anyone know what are the best fans I could get for the case? I was looking at some nice blue LED Yate Loons but I cant find the high speed fans anywhere...Anyone know any other high speed blue LED fans that I could get for the case? Or if you know any other companies that make nice fans I could get that are high speed or low doesn't really matter I guess. Also not really looking to spend $12 per fan, kina pricey when your buying 4-7 fans..:(

Lastly now that Im asking about fans...since the case can hold 9 120mm fans, does it really matter if i get high speed fans? I mean honestly...overkill? lol

Thanks for the help guys. :D
 
My spare rig is in this case and I use coolermaster blue LED fans in it. I never had to use more then one front, one rear, the top fan and one on the side to get great airflow. The CPU in that system was an AMD 4400+ with a stock HSF, but I'm pretty sure a thermalright SI-128SE or something comparable would work well and fit in there fine. That's what I'm using to cool my C2D system and it does a great job. Good luck... :D
 
I think you can fit the Ultra-120 in that case if you remove one of the fans, but I'm not sure. The SI-120SE should fit without removing anything, and it's also a much better cooler than the Zalman.

As for the fan question, it isn't necessary to get high-speed fans, and definitely not something you'd want to do since it would make your PC sound like a wind tunnel :).
 
If you decide to use the Ultra 120 extreme you will need to remove the upper left fan and the fan bracket. Using a fan in the upper right quadrant created turbulence in my rig and increased my temps.
 
Back
Top