Fayetteville, Arkansas
Cox Communications Premium Internet 10Mbps

49699492.png

49699584.png

49699417.png

49701019.png

50062638.png

:)

No Problems here with the speed this morning durning the transitioning phase from Adelphia to Comcast which started saturday here in the pittsburgh area

5mb standard high-speed service from Shaw Cable in Canada.. Definitely nice for the price we pay. I've hit 1.5MB/s in downloads, though.. :D

i have a 2 meg dow3nload speed and i hit between 768kbps and 1 mbps on downloads which is insane for 2 meg internet but don't ask me how it does it is just does

just got verizon FIOS in silver spring md today..

on a side note..

i was able to download a large file from my website at about 2.5mb/s
uploading a file was 160kb/s to the same site/server...

my hosting is with 1and1.com, i can't figure out where their datacenter is physically located..

Home: (Cyberonic 1.5 Down, 768 up dsl)

Work

Colo (Currently uploading vida linux isos @ 1.52Mbit/sec as I'm a mirror :) :) )
Colo also is traffic limited to 3.33/3.33 , blah. Going to have 11.5Mbit/11.5 soon :)

Colo with my traffic limiter turned off (I think it's not very accurate for very fast connections (eg > 10Mbit/sec)

Cingular 3G card I just got at work

K10 said:
roadrunner lite is slooowww...but hey, it's only $26/month

im assuming ur with Brighthouse, cancel account and sign up with a charter like earthlink and u can get FULL speed for $30month for 6months then $40 month afterwards, if its something u need.
only diff is ur signed up and your account is with charter you still pay bill to Brighthouse.
when i had charter earthlink to brighthouse, i had the same speeds they offer without charter, at last was 7mb down and I forget up speed.

my cable modem

my dsl modem

Work..

I am surprised I was able to get our full speed. Usually our internet is crawling slow because people have internet radio and videos playing.. They just don't realize.. i had to inform them. .and it helped some

Just got FIOS today and these readings are a little miss leading, granted I am only testing this over a .11g with full signal strength and 54Mbps but 8mb down and 3mb up? Hrm....I am not gonna complain! Off to game and try out the new FIOS internet. :p :p

God I wish they (Shaw Cable) offered better upload speeds, But things could have been worse.

414312112.png
[/URL][/IMG]

394018500lt2.png

The server in Bratislava is ok for download I guess but definitely bottlenecks my upload speed.
Here's the actual peak upload speed:
aaabk3.png

It'd be nice if you guys posted your transfer limits per month and monthly fees. I'm surprised that the internet in the US is so slow (at home, that is and no flame intended).
Mine is unlimited and costs $12.30 (with a public IP).

It'd be nice if you guys posted your transfer limits per month and monthly fees. I'm surprised that the internet in the US is so slow (at home, that is and no flame intended).

Yes we get screwed internet speed wise, seems like 50mbps here is very high end download for home use while other parts of the world are getting 1GB.

Gezus. Are you at the ISP when you took that test?

lol no, although I don't live far away.

I have no idea where these speeds come from, the are not possible on my line (50/10mbit VDSL) and even if it was a "mistake" from my ISP the fact the part of my home net which my gateway is on is only a 100mbit net kinda makes these results imposible.

the main reason I posted this in the other thread was to show the speedtest is not at all accurate.

my downloads cap at about 5,6 MegaByte/S when using wget from my colo'd server to my home server, not tested the upload yet although the 7 mbit sounds about right.

hard to say exatly what I pay, €50 for 50/10 but including phone and IPTV, no limit (germany btw)

Back