New speaks! Help me please.

baker97

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
226
Alright guys heres the deal, I'm looking to add 2 bookshelf speakers to my audio setup.

I have an Okay receiver (Sony STR-DE598) and 2 huge floor standing loud speakers (Technics SBG900)

My budget is around $100, I can go a little higher but lower is a plus.
I'm no audio maniac so i don't need the best, just a bang for my buck!

I am probably going to buy from e-Bay so base any suggestions on what you think they go for on e-bay or any good online/brick and mortar retailers

I like the Inifinty primus 140, 150 and 160s but Thats pushing the moeny and I'm not sure if they are worth it. From what I hear the polk audio r-15s are nice and I can get them for a good price.
Also there are the klipsch SB-1s which I might be able to get for a little more than $100, depends.

On top of buying 2 speakers would I need to afford some sort of amp or anything to power 4 speaks with this receiver, I don't know I'm new to the audio situation and looking for some good advice.

I appreciate it and thanks in advance for your time!
 
thanks for the input i never heard of these are they really nice, review or personal use?
 
baker97 said:
thanks for the input i never heard of these are they really nice, review or personal use?

Personal use, i have a pair and love them they are made by fairly new a company called radiient and are pretty damn high quality speakers for even $150 i would say. There are alos many others who feel the same way i do, a quick search here of that model number or Insignia will bring up a few threads about them.

Here is a review on them. http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/insignia_ns_b-2111_review/default.asp

Either way you can listen to them at your local best buy and decide for yourself but i can say you wont be disappointed if you buy them.
 
i truly appreciate the info i did notice people having them no the [H] forums but wasnt sure.
thanks for the info once again when I make my decision i will be sure to post


thanks!
 
Back
Top