• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Speakers

Ripped85

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
195
I have the Megaworks 5.1s, but they're breaking on me, so it's time for new speakers. I'm debating whether or not to go back to 2.1s..since the wiring with all these are annoying and i have a small room. What are the best 2.1s out now? and if 5.1, i have a $200ish budget maybe..so what do you think?
 
You could get a Klipsch promedia 2.1 setup, those are highly regarded here. I'm getting a z-5300 setup tomorrow, I'll let you know how that goes.

What are you doing with your speakers? You could get a reciever and just piece together a system too. Maybe an AWESOME set of headphones will fit you best? In the $200 range, headphones go into ownage mode.
 
mdameron: you're not kidding. At $200 for z5300s and $200 for an sr225 or hd600, I know which way I'd go. I've owned z5300s. Just offloaded 'em for $80, which I figure is about what they're worth. :p
 
If u have $200 to spend, and you game alot, then go with headphones, but i personally like speakers better, beats have to put them on and take them off ALL the time, so i would recomend either the Logitech Z-2300, what i have and i love, but the afore metioned Klipsch 2.1 are also very good, the choice is yours, sound is very pesonal, many people dont like the so-called "boomy" bass of any and all logitech subs, but "they" are not me, so try to demo out several differant sets and see what fits you best.
~Hope this Helps!~
 
If you find a good sale, you should be able to get Z-5500s for just a little over $200 (mine were $215 shipped). Otherwise, I agree that headphones would provide excellent 2.0 sound within your budget :)
 
Back
Top