• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New speakers = no Bluetooth?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
15,461
Now, before we start I'm going to say that a friend of a friend needs help, so this issue was described to me secondhand and I was asked to look around a little for a solution.

The friend of a friend CLAIMS that she got a new set of computer speaker and when she plugged them in her Bluetooth died. The new speakers work, but the Bluetooth is broken. And that's all the details I was given. :)

Any ideas?
 
I don't think there is anyway plugging in new speakers can affect bluetooth at all. Unless there, well no, that's impossible. Something else sounds like it fucked up. Speakers wouldn't affect anything in windows internally.
 
bboynitrous said:
I don't think there is anyway plugging in new speakers can affect bluetooth at all. Unless there, well no, that's impossible. Something else sounds like it fucked up. Speakers wouldn't affect anything in windows internally.
EXACTLY what I thought, but it's kind of hard to tell someone "reinstall Windows" secondhand.
 
Back
Top