New speakers: Logitech, Creative or Klpisch?

Armpit

Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2002
Messages
557
I'd like to get a new set of speakers to replace my old 4.1 CambridgeSoundworks setup. I was thinking of these:

Creative Gigaworks S700
Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1
Logitech Z-680

The Logitech's are the cheapest and fairly well rated, the Klipsch are more expensive but seem to get slightly better reviews, finally I don't know much about the Creative Gigaworks. The speakers would be used for music (MP3s and CDs) and gaming, almost no movies. I'd hook them up to SB Live! 5.1 for now. Any ideas on which set would suit my needs the best (money is not that important but is always a factor).
 
the gigaworks or the promedias will suit you just fine. i'd shy away from the z-680s, but i've posted the reasons for this so many times im getting bored of it, so if you look in the threads im sure you will find all the info you need on why not to get them.

most people say the promedias have a slightly better sub than the gigaworks.
some say the gigaworks have marginally better satellites than the promedias.

i havent heard the gigaworks so i cant suggest which is better, although i loved the promedias when i had them.
 
Deja vu, anyone? I think this question has been asked at least 100 times in the last month...just take a look around for opinions that have already been stated.

Btw, as before, I vote for the Klipsch :D
 
I second the Klipsch's. They are by far the best computer speakers i have ever heard. the integration with the sub is damn near seamless.
 
You might want to listen to the Gigaworks before you make up your mind. The only problem is that not many stores carry them.
 
Bugalaman said:
You might want to listen to the Gigaworks before you make up your mind. The only problem is that not many stores carry them.

If you can find them, definitely give them a listen. Both the Klipsch and the Creatives are a little harder to find, but try and buy them online as you can save at least $20-30 off the retail price.
 
Back
Top