New Speaker-Sub w/ Mini Amp/DAC Recommendations

babelmh13

Limp Gawd
Looking for suggestions on components for upgrading my speaker setup.

Right now, have a 10-ish years old logitech 5.1 system with the volume/power knob on the center speaker that mounts to the bottom of my monitor. I get white-noise from the center speaker when there is no audio playing and one of the speakers seems to have died. I see no reason to have a 5.1 system for my needs.

What I'm looking for:

-A 2.1 setup with a little desktop amp/dac.

-I'm thinking I'll probably get a pair of audioengine A2+ speakers (dont think i really need the A5+ unless im convinved otherwise)

-I would like the mini amp/dac to have a volume/power control, outputs for speakers and sub, and also have a 3.5 headphone AND mic jack for my gaming headset. (I'm guessing I'll probably need an input and output for these? Unless USB converts bot headphone and mic.. I dont know)

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

What is your budget?

Also, I don't have experience with the AE products, but I've heard they're not particularly great.

This is pretty much everything you asked for and more except for microphone support.

Sorry for the late response. Lets say my budget is $600 for the sake of setting a value. (Im sort of trying to figure out what my budget should be based on this thread)

Back