• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Speaker Setup ADVICE NEEDED!

iv939

n00b
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
34
Hey guys, ok well I asked for advice here some time ago and purchased the Z-5500's and they are not all that great.

Saved some money and decided to get a legit system for my PC.

This is my sound card that I just purchased: HT Omega Claro Plus+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271003&Tpk=ht omega claro plus

I am getting the following studio monitors: M-Audio BX8A's (pair) ($338 shipped ebay)

Now the last thing is I need a good subwoofer/s. I listen to a ton of techno and hip-hop and love bass in general. The BX8A's are pretty good with bass but I need alot more.

I was thinking this: Polk Audio PSW505 12"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...290130&cm_re=subwoofer-_-82-290-130-_-Product

Any input on the subwoofer would be greatly appreciated!
 
I would look at the Hsu STF-1 or a used Hsu or SVS sub on audiogon. I've had a Polk sub (PSW120) before and it sounded like someone knocking on wood, with some crappy chuffing. The build quality was terrible too. Although the thing with Polk is msrp seems to be listed artificially high so it seems like there are constant "sales" everywhere.
 
+1 on SVS. I have the Polk PSW125 and will be getting rid of it ASAP. Check out this thread for more sub suggestions
 
thats gonna be a freakin loud system man for a computer !
 
man, a Hsu or SVS sub for a computer setup is overkill. But it sounds like that's what you're aiming for anyway :p
 
I love my HSU Dayton Elite 10" 150w sub for my computer! It's amazing for the price. HSU makes good subs. But they are toys compared to Epik subwoofers. My HSU VTF2-MK3 sits unused next to my Epik Dynasty 18" 1300w.

I'd suggest looking at the Bic Venturi V1220
 
Last edited:
Thanks for replies guys, I'm open to more expensive subwoofers as long as they can bump without sound like crap car audio.
 
STF-1

hsustf10mu.jpg


STF-2

vbattach169.jpg
 
Back
Top