• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New SMP Core's

Yeah, we think alike. Have been trying that, with same result.

EDIT: it is a server problem. Does not look like they are ready for prime time. Or maybe they were not expecting new WU back 17 hours after the client was released. ;)

Apollo - why did I not listen to you? :rolleyes:

Oh well, 375,000 points up in smoke, less what peanut credit they give me when the server is back up.

yeah... glad I only sent it to 2.26ghz dual quads...
 
Yeah, we think alike. Have been trying that, with same result.

EDIT: it is a server problem. Does not look like they are ready for prime time. Or maybe they were not expecting new WU back 17 hours after the client was released. ;)

Apollo - why did I not listen to you? :rolleyes:

Oh well, 375,000 points up in smoke, less what peanut credit they give me when the server is back up.

I did get full credit for the one i uploaded last night, minus the hour I spent screwing around with it. Without langouste, I uploaded one this morning without issue - should see 118K for the 6 AM update from it. Looks like the server is OK now. I'll retry langouste over the weekend when i can keep an eye on things.

Edit: The 6 AM update looks fine.
 
Last edited:
That sounds pretty good.

I picked up a 6901 a few hours ago on my 920. It's running a few seconds slower per frame than 6900.

unfortunately I didn't save the tpf from the 6900s I have been creating a nice excel chart to keep track of system performance... I will have to dig around in system logs looking for them...

As I get different units I have been keeping the old data in a lower section of the spreadsheet...

Downside of the beta team is you have to calculate the points yourself.
As time goes on I will be able to share more and more numbers... when units rotate out of beta status... etc...
 
I think the probelm is resolved:

Re: 130.237.232.237
by kasson » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:34 am

Perfect--thanks. That helps a lot. There was a setting in the new WS code that defaulted to limiting connections to 15 min. It's now at 2 hrs; we'll see how that works and extend as necessary.

My uploads always take 18 to 25 mins.... :(

Trying to upload them all now.
 
lol - nowhere near that - I get 12mbits down, 0.84 up.

ADSL in Australia is not noted for it's upload speed....
 
That makes a ton of sense. I was over 15 mintes as well with langouste, and about right at 15 minutes without it, so it had to be hit and miss for me as well. Langouste stopped at 15 minutes, which is explained by Dr. Kassen's comments.
 
And the fix worked - my units have uploaded now, first one is showing in stats as a credit of 80,000 - which is not a complete disaster compared to the normal 126,000.

So the whole dabacle will only cost me ~ 135,000 points, which is bearable.

Except for that was enough to let Sazaneyes pass me.:eek: Oh well, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.:p
 
Has anyone running the new A5 processed a work unit other than a 6901 yet?
 
I don't think it has any other units yet... not sure...
 
That is what I thought...

Which is nice - it has meant that for the first time since I got my 3rd rig, I actually had a day where I dropped 2 units each. I can't believe that took over 3 months to achieve.

Oh well, 746,293 points in a day - still a PB - even if these days that looks a bit piddling.;)
 
That is what I thought...

Which is nice - it has meant that for the first time since I got my 3rd rig, I actually had a day where I dropped 2 units each. I can't believe that took over 3 months to achieve.

Oh well, 746,293 points in a day - still a PB - even if these days that looks a bit piddling.;)
that's 2x my PB of 378,358
 
that's 2x my PB of 378,358

Yeah - max pdd is roughly in proportion to the length of your username - MIBW is 15 letters with spaces... did you not know that?

Time for The_Folder_Formerly_Known_As_Jebo..etc.
 
I guess that means I have to use scientific notation....
 
Yeah - max pdd is roughly in proportion to the length of your username - MIBW is 15 letters with spaces... did you not know that?

Time for The_Folder_Formerly_Known_As_Jebo..etc.
genius. how did I not realize this before!?
 
I must just be an errata then... scientific notation doesn't even fit...

but if we go for avg... it works... for now... I think I need to switch to PatriotEagle07

Eagle07
960,256
 
Just an update, A5 is going to be manatory for -bigadv in the near future along with the v6.34 client so if you haven't - upgrade soon.

Oh and an interesting snippet of info regarding F@H and just how far it will scale in terms of core usage:-
How many cores is that???
 
Back
Top