New SLI bridges for the GTX 1080

Yeah, so far with ARK: Survival Evolved I'm seeing the same approximate performance with the HB SLI bridge as with my NVIDIA LED bridge. Just eye-balling Afterburner numbers and going by gameplay smoothness.

Waiting on the video to finish processing, but:

Unfortunately, I had to record with Shadowplay, as this also happens to be my 4k HD record machine, so I couldn't get a real representation. Shadowplay is about a 2-4 fps hit.

*EDIT*

There are some issues with my old bridge 3DMark score. It was apparently using an overclock. Without overclocking, it's about the same as the HB Bridge, but I can't connect to the site at the moment to update the score.

Last edited:
Well, zero difference in frame rate regardless, just will create an out of order display. Now just need to wait for those 144 Hz 4k monitors:p

Ha ha read the review. Doubt you will need one as you'll never see 144Hz @4K but in World of Warcraft and Battlefield 3; not BF4. :)

I guess the only thing that still has me curious is frametimes like another user stated. If it is true that all I should experience with a non HB bridge is stutter, I can live with that. I don't feel like I experience stutter as it is at 1440p/144hz

I guess the only thing that still has me curious is frametimes like another user stated. If it is true that all I should experience with a non HB bridge is stutter, I can live with that. I don't feel like I experience stutter as it is at 1440p/144hz
In Nytegard's video above it does look like the HB bridge is eliminating stutter at 4K compared to the old bridge. Less than UHD it probably isn't going to make a difference. Maybe 3440x1440 will also see a benefit.

Interesting, it seems a frame time analysis might be where we see the benefit... if there is any.

Not scientific, but I was having bad stuttering issues with the Ghost in the Shell game using Tri-SLI 980s (and it was a reason I left SLI off most of the time).

Now with SLI 1080 and the HB bridge, there is no more stuttering. It's totally smooth. I know it's just one game, but that is a positive sign.

Not scientific, but I was having bad stuttering issues with the Ghost in the Shell game using Tri-SLI 980s (and it was a reason I left SLI off most of the time).

Now with SLI 1080 and the HB bridge, there is no more stuttering. It's totally smooth. I know it's just one game, but that is a positive sign.

Well, two 1080s are probably going to be quite a bit faster than three 980s. So that could help reduce the stuttering

Back