New Site Finished, Testers Please!

PoW

Limp Gawd
I have finished up putting together a site for distributing WASTE an encrypted file transfer tool around my college campus. Please take a look at the site and tell me what could use fixing up.

http://waste.dnsalias.com

thanks!

I would say the biggest need is bigger font sizes. The text on FAQ looks about right, but everything else is using a smaller font. Navigation, likewise, should be bigger. Stats at right are fine, since they're not critical to the site.

The "news" link seems wholly superfluous. Isn't that what "Main" is for? Also, why would news be below "contact us" -- that tells me that any news you might have is completely inconsequential.

I don't have any suggestions for improvement, but I just had to say that your logo is awesome. :D

I agree with lomn75 that the font size could be upped and made a little more consistent throughout the site. Otherwise looks nice.

AWESOME logo.. however, the rest of the design looks like a pretty standard template to me.

It has that PHP nuke look. That's not necessarily bad, just doesn't look real original.

I was fine with my regular IE settings, but in Firefox the text was a bit small at 1024x768.

What you are doing could be construed as an attempt to encourage circumvention of your school's network TOS. Seeing as how you are running this site off the school's servers, expect them to crack down on you as soon as they discover it. My suggestion would be to get independent hosting that they can't touch.

It looks great... Its clean, functional, just the way a website like that should be.

actually im just using their bandwidth. Im hosting it off of a computer here in my room so thats a potential issue.

Thanks for the other comments!, one thing im gonna change is retake those pictures as png files rather than those low quality jpegs in the faq

PoW said:
actually im just using their bandwidth. Im hosting it off of a computer here in my room so thats a potential issue.

Thanks for the other comments!, one thing im gonna change is retake those pictures as png files rather than those low quality jpegs in the faq
Bandwidth is about 70% of what you're paying for when you buy hosting

Fonts are very small in some places 1280x1024. Overall layout is ok. you are using tables, but I don't know your audience to say you should move to a non-table layout.

Mambo does rock, im hardly using any of its capabilities, the frontend looks good but imo most importantly the backend is very easy to use.

hey! Mambo users, yay!

http://www.peda.info uses mambo, but I haven't changed stuff much from one of the stock layouts. I am using most of the main features and some of the sub features like the banner rotator and such.

BC

Back