new Single 1.8 PowerMac G5s added to lineup

gigglebyte

2[H]4U
guess the title says it all...we have put the single 1.8 G5 back in the PowerMac lineup

now I am not sure but it looks like the price may have come down on the iBooks as well

I'd like to know, besides expandability, if there is any difference between the iMac 1.8 and this.

Though, if I was still in the market for a new computer for my girlfriend, I would have gotten her one of these I thinks.

ok..update...the iBooks did get a speed bump and are now 1.2 and 1.33 for 12 and 14" respectively but other than that there isn't much of a change to them

as for how it compares to the iMac...you get upgradability but need your own display..for ease of use I would get the iMac if she isn't going to be a gamer..easy to use...easy to swap parts out if required and a nice snappy machine

I'd say it's a bit pricy... It costs as much as an iMac, but doesn't come with a monitor...

I'd still rather have the PowerMac, though, because of the expandability. 512 meg RAM modules are cheaper than 1 gig modules... I don't care much for the 5200U, either. ;)

But damn, this makes making up my mind very hard.

When do they ship?

i might pick up one of these at xmas time :D

hopefully it can get a little more affordable by then, with educational discounts and whatnot !

gigglebyte said:
ok..update...the iBooks did get a speed bump and are now 1.2 and 1.33 for 12 and 14" respectively but other than that there isn't much of a change to them

as for how it compares to the iMac...you get upgradability but need your own display..for ease of use I would get the iMac if she isn't going to be a gamer..easy to use...easy to swap parts out if required and a nice snappy machine

ibooks also finally got airport extreme bulit in to all of them and a price drop to boot!

Back