New Sims2 Screenshots

Redmondian

n00b
Yeah, I'm into playing Sim games. So really looking forward to TS2.

Here are some new screenshots!

screenshot_big_55.jpg

screenshot_big_56.jpg

screenshot_big_57.jpg

screenshot_big_58.jpg

Good huh?

:D

is this going to be online? The game sounds fascinating, if it was online it would be even cooler.

Please tell me about these games, some of the things you can do in them. They sound cool but never played!!

Basically you play "God" and control a "sims" life / build a house / design it etc. It's my fav type of game.

try here for more info or here, I'm addicted. :D

Uggh, I played this game awhile go when it first came out. It was addicting for awhile but then one day as I was playing I realized "My god, im freaking playing a game about life, a copycat of my life, on a fucking computer"

I stopped playing and wont' ever touch it again.

Fair enough man.

But The Sims 2 aren't out yet. :(

The original is so damn addictive, I have all the expansion packs. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Icewindius
Uggh, I played this game awhile go when it first came out. It was addicting for awhile but then one day as I was playing I realized "My god, im freaking playing a game about life, a copycat of my life, on a fucking computer"

you summed up my thoughts on the sims.

Originally posted by HRslammR
Have to admit the same here....

The screenshots are enjoyable though :D I love that one where the creepy little blonde kid is watching the chick in the bath from the window.

Originally posted by Redmondian
Fair enough man.

But The Sims 2 aren't out yet. :(

The original is so damn addictive, I have all the expansion packs. :rolleyes:

That's got to hurt your wallet. I'm bummed they pushed it back till June but eh.

Originally posted by Icewindius

Same here. Though I think once I reached that point (it didn't take long), it became a quest to see how the game reacted to unusual situations.

I tried playing the sims. All my characters commited suicide and the kid went to Military School. Yep thats how life is.

One thing I couldn't understand was they would always say they need a job and I keep telling them to look in the newspaper or look online and they would always say "oh I'm to depressed." Yah I got sick of it real quick.

Originally posted by HRslammR

I think what it is about The Sims is that you cant battle them, I mean its essentially an RTS game, without swords, guns, mechs, or what have you. The game would probably be more enjoyable to the more hardcore audience if you could raise your Sim family and then have them beat the ass out of another Sim family, something like Family Double Dare, only more lethal.

that looks sooooo nice .. gonna be getting it when it comes out ..

my gf plays it more than I do now .. but I love designing the houses and stuff .. can't wait to see all the possibilities with the new one ..

Yeah, you should be able to turn your Sim into a serial killer.

hahah, but that would not go well with the media.

I once saw a screenshot of a kid growing some seedlings in what looked like a dorm room. I still think that must be a hoax. College? That seems like a bit much.

Originally posted by Redmondian
Yeah, I'm into playing Sim games.

You and millions of people the world over. I said the year before it came out that it was going to totally revolutionize the way we (well, not really [H] frequenters, the general public) think of games, and it most definitely has. I still play The Sims occasionally, and thoroughly enjoy it. I hope TS2 can satisfy a bit more than another fruitless expansion pack.

edit: God damnit, your Australian :p. I changed "a couple million other Americans" to "millions of people the world over."

Originally posted by Erik
I once saw a screenshot of a kid growing some seedlings in what looked like a dorm room. I still think that must be a hoax. College? That seems like a bit much.

Looked a little too polished to be a hoax. And if it is a hoax it is the best damn "fake" screenshot I have ever seen. That is actually what gotme interested in the game. The Sims seemed a little too clean cut and when I saw that I thought finally you can do ANYTHING!

LOL thats awesome

Ive never been interested in the sims but seeing that screenshot it seems theres alot more things in the game that I thought you would be able todo so im wondering whats the best version of sims out right now iand is it an expansion?

lol I remember when I first saw that. I was thinking, they can't be. Then yep, they're doin' it

Is that picture from the next sims or one thats currently out? Im interested to see how much detail they put into this game if there supposed to be the plants I think they are im wondering if they will get pistils and start to bud ;)

sims is the pc equivalent of a soap opera, thats why chix like it so much.. so lets leave this one for our girlfriends.. i'll stick with the real games, k thx

Originally posted by S0m30n3
Is that picture from the next sims or one thats currently out? Im interested to see how much detail they put into this game if there supposed to be the plants I think they are im wondering if they will get pistils and start to bud ;)

It's the new one. And no, they wont go into that much detail.

whoa, it actually looks like i need a better video card to make the sims look good O_O ...imagine that.

i never really liked the previous ones...i might give it a try if im bored or somthin.

Thank you for the picture, PliotronX.

Thats incredible detail. It could be something akin to an April Fools Joke. Anyone remember what Team 17's (Worms) April Fools Jokes? Always highly detailed, elaborate, and quite amusing. Maybe Maxis is just pulling our leg.

If its true, I'll definitely buy the game. The thing that set The Sims apart from being real life was the lack of any illegal actions.

Back