New SilverStone Raven SFF @ Computex 2013

Necere

2[H]4U
I came across this browsing through TechPowerUp's Computex coverage:

Looks like they're doing their own take on the Tiki/Bolt/Revolt (and CMadki's M3A2 as well) form factor, the interesting twist being the internal dual rad and watercooled GPU. Pretty neat layout, though the Raven styling isn't my thing. If they did a minimal design in the style of the FT-02/03, I'd be all over it (well, if they played down their logo/made it easily removable, anyway).

Glad I'm not the only one that saw this - will be interesting to get more info on this.

Looks pretty sweet! I knew it would only be a matter of time before that layout caught on with the aftermarket.

The T004 is a Thunderbolt enclosure with room for a PSU and a PCIe card.

Back to the Raven - the dual rad makes the case look quite large.

Yep I am very glad to see slim towers coming out. I also don't mind the looks of it at all.
I really like this formfactor. Since this is raven it will probably be priced well.

Agreed. I like the form factor, but not the shell (at least in this image).

Plastic shell is easy enough to remove and bolt on some aluminum panels. Case looks to be around 3.5" x 13" x 13".

Anyone know the model? Cant wait till they release it.

Necere: This is what the Ncase M2 should look like. I bet you could get it under 10 liters.

Necere: This is what the Ncase M2 should look like. I bet you could get it under 10 liters.
I actually had some ideas on the drawing board. I was a bit reluctant to proceed with it though, since CMadki was getting his project started and I didn't want to steal any of his thunder. There are also airflow challenges that require some compromises I'm not entirely happy with. So it's been shelved for now.

It's not like Cmad is the first guy to make an itx case with this general layout. Plus you need to expand your companies product lineup.

GPU and PSU intake on the bottom, PSU exhaust out the side. CPU intake on top. CPU and GPU exhaust out the back. Post preliminary drawing on this forum to get feedback from your consumers, and we'll figure out any minor issues.

Give it the Ncase 3 expansion slots. You could possibly have the bottom of the case under the GPU dip down a bit to give a little more room for a dual radiator and fans.

I actually had some ideas on the drawing board. I was a bit reluctant to proceed with it though, since CMadki was getting his project started and I didn't want to steal any of his thunder. There are also airflow challenges that require some compromises I'm not entirely happy with. So it's been shelved for now.
I appreciate the consideration! But proceed away. Your designing skills are beyond me. You'll undoubtedly bring some excellent ideas to the community, as you usually do. But seriously, you don't have to hold back your genius on my behalf.

It's not like Cmad is the first guy to make an itx case with this general layout.
Yeah I know. And that was the other thing: this particular form-factor/layout can only be done a couple of different ways, which doesn't leave a lot of room for variation. And it's been done. So what justifies us doing it? The only reasons I can think of are 1.) the current offerings in this form-factor are not sold as standalone cases, and 2.) on design/aesthetic grounds. And if I carried forward the M1's aesthetic design, it would look an awful lot like the Tiki.

But we'll see. It's still something I wouldn't mind doing.

I appreciate the consideration! But proceed away. Your designing skills are beyond me. You'll undoubtedly bring some excellent ideas to the community, as you usually do. But seriously, you don't have to hold back your genius on my behalf.
Don't undersell yourself. It takes some skill to pull off a manufacturable and usable design, no matter what.

No, no, or we won't have our M1's until Xmas!!!! :D

One step at a time ;)

1.) the current offerings in this form-factor are not sold as standalone cases

This is THE reason why you should do it.

Why did you make the M1? Because no one else was selling an ITX case like it. Same applies here. I bet there are just as many people on this forum that want this layout as there are that are buying your current M1 case.

Start a thread, post some drawings, ask for feedback. Test the waters and see how much interest you get. What's the worst that can happen?

I'm glad to see someone is finally going to bring this layout to market as a stand-alone case. Looking forward to this!

I looked through the seasonic pics, didnt see any sfx psu's.

Still waiting for a 450 watt platinum modular passive sfx psu... Ah the holy grail. Maybe someday...

computex-2013-mini-itx-gaming-silverstone-dans-gamme-raven.jpg
computex-2013-mini-itx-gaming-silverstone-dans-gamme-raven-1.JPG

computex-2013-mini-itx-gaming-silverstone-dans-gamme-raven-2.JPG
computex-2013-mini-itx-gaming-silverstone-dans-gamme-raven-3.JPG

computex-2013-mini-itx-gaming-silverstone-dans-gamme-raven-4.JPG

Answers my question! :(

I will get this, internals don't appear to be ideal. But this looks like it with be the first available to buy.

Last edited:
All the major components seem to be in the right spot and orientation. PSU probably intakes from beneath and exhausts out the side.

Im not too keen on the GPU and CPU intake though. CPU vent area is just too small and looks like its too far in that corner, it should be roughly centered over the motherboard. And they have the radiator fan exhausting air instead of intake? And why only 1 slim fan on that radiator? They need to have the fans on the bottom of the radiator pulling cool air into it.

The plastic molding looks horrible, and appears it has been tossed and bumped around a lot. Why does Silverstone always make such crappy exterior designs? Whoever designed the SG07 and SG09 must have done this as well.

LOL@ using old mismatching parts. Motherboard may ben an old Atom board with a PCI slot. PCI/PCIe riser not attached. Graphics card kind of looks like an old 8800 GT.

LOL@ using old mismatching parts. Motherboard may ben an old Atom board with a PCI slot. PCI/PCIe riser not attached. Graphics card kind of looks like an old 8800 GT.

It's more of a proof of concept prototype than a retail product. It doesn't even have a model designation yet as far as i can tell.

am I seeing this right? Radiator in the bottom and liquid cooled gpu on the top over on the left?

That doesn't seem to be a problem at all because you will be able to remove the rad and place 2 x 120mm fans right over there that will serve as intakes for the case.

The main problem I see is that... they didn't think about lying the case vertically? Mmmmm, shame, really.

That doesn't seem to be a problem at all because you will be able to remove the rad and place 2 x 120mm fans right over there that will serve as intakes for the case.

The main problem I see is that... they didn't think about lying the case vertically? Mmmmm, shame, really.

Hate this layout when made vertically. I much prefer it horizontal like it is.

but where is the piping?

If you notice there is no PSU, the motherboard isnt connected, the GPU riser card is missing and it isn't even labeled with a model. It's a very early prototype. Basically a proof of concept, not a working model thats about to be released.

If you notice there is no PSU, the motherboard isnt connected, the GPU riser card is missing and it isn't even labeled with a model. It's a very early prototype. Basically a proof of concept, not a working model thats about to be released.

it also doesn't look very organized... not sure how any sort of aftermarket (nonliquid) cooler would fit

it also doesn't look very organized... not sure how any sort of aftermarket (nonliquid) cooler would fit

Well you could put a Scythe Big Shuriken or Thermalright AXP-100 on the CPU. You might be able to fit an Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme III on the GPU if you take out the radiator.

So they're calling it the "Raven Mini"

Really wish a silverstone rep would come in here so we can tell him to drop the crap plastic off the exterior and do either painted steel, or anodized aluminum. Either would look better than plastic.

The only reason i can think of that they would wrap the plastic around the sides is to cover up some rivet joints, but honestly I'd rather rivet joints than plastic.

Last edited:
Back