New Silverstone PS07 mATX

I like it, although I wish they put vents on the front instead of the side.

Reminds me of the SG03 only larger. At least they added a rear fan exhaust.

Wow. It looks like they took all the things I liked about the TJ-08e and the Antec nsk 3480 and fused them together. If I was building a new computer now I would use this.

Looks great for workstations, I like the TJ08e better though but this one looks sober and the internal design is all proven TJ08e

Can this stuff really be considered SFF? What's the difference between mATX and ATX? Like 2 expansion slots right? Maybe 1.5-2" of mobo space? It looks like the design here with the PSU on top of the mobo, the only space advantage you're getting is 1-2 expansion slots less worth of height, so the whole thing is only maybe 1-2" shorter than a standard mid tower case.

Maybe SSFF would be a better term, "slightly smaller form factor" :)

a tj08-e with new face and 120's instead of the 180, not impressed.

And how is that bad? 2x120mm are likely to be a bit quieter and will allow more airflow to a second videocard. Also you can't expect a breakthrough design everytime

This is honestly how the TJ08-e should of looked from the beginning. And as for size savings, It is about 4 to 5 inches shorter in height and depth compared to the average ATX case. I think the size of the case is about perfect. I know I plan on upgrading my case as soon as this one is finally released.

Didn't need to even think twice on this one. Sold. I like it....

Great looking little case, hope they don't screw it up by throwing a huge price tag on it.

Best,

Liquid Cool

The door looks out of place to me, especially how it extends beyond the 5.25 bays.
And then the silver pin stripes are interrupted by the I/O panel. I like designs that flow together, but the front of this case looks divided into sections.
Maybe in a few real world photos it would look better to me.

I have to agree with the pin strip down the left side. I truely don't care for it, but I like the layout of the case. If I could decide what the front would look like, it would be the SG04. But this is the first case I have seen in awhile that I really enjoy the layout and size. I am so sick of cases that that are 2ft deep when there is no reason in the world for them to be so deep. Even the top end graphic cards are all under 13 inches long. I mean my desk is only 29 inches deep.

Can this stuff really be considered SFF? What's the difference between mATX and ATX? Like 2 expansion slots right? Maybe 1.5-2" of mobo space? It looks like the design here with the PSU on top of the mobo, the only space advantage you're getting is 1-2 expansion slots less worth of height, so the whole thing is only maybe 1-2" shorter than a standard mid tower case.

Maybe SSFF would be a better term, "slightly smaller form factor" :)
Trust me, the PS07/TJ08-E are significantly smaller than most ATX mid-towers.

the PS07/TJ08-E is 385mm long x 374mm tall; even an ATX mini-tower such as the PC-A05N is 490mm long x 380mm tall, and I think 10.5" cards barely fit in that.

Spoke to the guys at Silverstone, they said these should start popping up in Fry's in the next week or so. He didn't answer my question about Newegg though. I'm going to replace all of my business units with this little case.

The business units I built are basically just i3-2100T's with 8gb's of ram and quadro 600's on Intel boards. Fast and bordering on overkill for what we use them for. Don't plan on upgrading again for awhile.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Why can't they make a Matx Sg 07, all these cases are to tall for the middle row of tv stand

So it is a TJ08-e with a door at the front and two fans instead of one? Does that make it better than the TJ08-e? Or just different? Would it have better or worse cooling, for instance?

I'll make a brief summary of the differences between TJ08-E and PS07 below:

Front panel
TJ08-E - One piece extruded aluminum, hairline brushed and anodized
PS07 - Plastic frame and door with hairline surface, aluminum strip on left side

Included fans
TJ08-E - One Air Penetrator AP181 180mm fan with dual speeds (700rpm & 1200rpm)
PS07 - Two nine bladed 120mm fans, fixed speed (950rpm)

Drive configuration difference
TJ08-E - One 3.5" external bay, can be used as internal 3.5" bay, maximum five 3.5" drives.
PS07 - No default 3.5" external bay, one 5.25" to 3.5" converter bay included in accessories box, also can be used as internal 3.5" bay. Maximum six 3.5" drives

Price (North America)

TJ08-E - $100 ~ $105
PS07 - $80 ~ $85

As for cooling performance, the TJ08-E should better than PS07 even when the former is set to low fan speed. However, we still expect PS07 to be very competitive when compared to other Micro-ATX cases.

And for noise level, the PS07 should be quieter than TJ08-E on low fan speed setting.

Anyone know if an H100 or a 240mm rad in general will fit up front?

if nothing else can someone measure the distance from the fan screw hole to the bottom of the case and the top one to the bottom of the drive cage?

Last edited:
Back