new SFF - insight please

k1ng

Limp Gawd
I'm just looking for some CC about the parts that I am pretty sure I am set on..

ps - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX
hd - Seagate ST3640323AS 640GB
mouse - Logi wireess trackball optical
kb - freestyle solo VIP
ram - G.SKILL 4GB
case - nzxt rogue
mobo - ASUS P5N7A-VM
fans - Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F x5
cpu - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
HS - COOLER MASTER GeminII

sorry that the list is not ordered normally.. i took it by the order of my bookmarks..

This won't be used for any games TBH, I have a ps3 for those. It's really just for movie / tv watching, writing essays for school, IM, music, email, programming, etc.
The only OS to touch it will be ubuntu, with maybe some windows apps under kvm or wine.
Will I be better off getting a slightly cheaper mobo, then getting an actual video card? (it must be nvidia btw... never doing linux and ati again) (better off meaning 1080p movie watching).

let me know what you all think. Thanks

Drop those SFlexes for non-heatsinks and switch to Scythe Slipstreams - they're better as case fans.

Also, NZXT Rogue is big - probably bigger than you think. What's the SFF size you're looking for?

Drop those SFlexes for non-heatsinks and switch to Scythe Slipstreams - they're better as case fans.

Also, NZXT Rogue is big - probably bigger than you think. What's the SFF size you're looking for?

Thanks for the input on the fans, you saved me money too!

For size - I am trying to go as small as I can, but still have good enough cooling where I can overclock a bit.

go for a shuttle man

They look nice, but I wouldn't really be saving any money going with one, and the integrated graphics are bad, meaning i would need a card on top of that, plus the linux intel drivers are meh..

Back