New SFF Computer

sideout

Weaksauce
I'm currently trying to update my system, atm I'm using a 2400+ athalon with a fx5900, to a new SFF. Heres the specs I have in mind.

Ultra Microfly Case (already have)
New Mobo
Asus p5ld2-vm
ECS, changed mind mobo This motherboard looks decent, and my thought of buying this over the asus p5b is that I'm hoping better c2d mobo's will come out in the next few months.
C2Duo 6400
New Ram
Crucial 2gb
Corsair Value Select 2gb Ram is a big issue, i have no idea how much better the 800 speeds are vs the 667, any input would be a great deal of help.
Evga 8800gts My choice is either this card, or like a 7900gs, with the gs I would probably step up to whatever card is available at the end of the 3 months, hoped maybe a newer card a little cheaper than a gts, as 470$ is quite a load of cash.
As for power supplies, I currently have an antec truepower i believe 480w, I hope that should be fine.
Samsung 18x dvdburner w/ lightscribe (don't know what lightscribe is but it sounds cool)

Few other questions, does anyone know of good wireless keyboard/mouse combos? and a good decently cheap set of surround speakers? I was looking at logitech x-530's and x-540's but I don't know which is better and why or if it's worth the price difference.

Finally, any input would be greatly appreciated, I don't like to upgrade my computer very often, I think this one was build in the summer of 03 or around there, I'd like something that will last a while. I am a bit disappointed with the selection of c2d motherboards though.

Thank you for your time and input!

Get the 7900gs and step up to a GTX later... the 8800GTS is the biggest ripoff.

Everything else looks good if you are not going to overclock, but I would grab some DDR800 XMS just so you can. It will have better resale value, too, especially with it being required soon.

Oh and get a new PSU. It won't be enough.GameXstream have had some deals...

Oh and look in the Hot Deals, for God's sake:
GTX - $531 http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1123560
Ballistix - $240 AMIR http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80061-9&ps=ho4

what ram do you suggest? and about the crucial, will that work with many matx mobos? i know the asus said it didn't go that high on voltage, dont know about many others

ultra 550w

this PSU good enough? i think it would look very nice in my case!

also updated mobo and ram per great suggestions

sideout said:
ultra 550w

this PSU good enough? i think it would look very nice in my case!

also updated mobo and ram per great suggestions

also still torn on decision between a 7900gs now or a 8800gts now... think a new card will come out in 3 months to stepup to from a 7900gs from evga?

also gonna get a westinghouse 37" so would a 8800gts be required for 1920x1080 gaming?

doh meant to hit edit/delete not quote

Back