• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New SFF can't get into windows....

tw33d

n00b
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
27
Is my PQI 2GB kit incompatible with the jetway pro 939matx board? I've tryed bunch of different ways to put in the two gig sticks. Everytime I try to load safe mode on a previous install of xp from another setup it loads half way and restarts. I can't even get it to boot off the xp cd. Especially tryed updating bios but when it starts the computer restarts a few moments later in awardflash. Also tryed a 512mb stick of corsair value select ram and didn't work.

Need help bad!!!!!!! :mad:

3500+winnie
PQI 2GB dual channel kit
Jetway Pro mATX 939
ATI x800xl 512mb
120GB SATA seagate barracuda
 
tw33d said:
Is my PQI 2GB kit incompatible with the jetway pro 939matx board? I've tryed bunch of different ways to put in the two gig sticks. Everytime I try to load safe mode on a previous install of xp from another setup it loads half way and restarts. I can't even get it to boot off the xp cd. Especially tryed updating bios but when it starts the computer restarts a few moments later in awardflash. Also tryed a 512mb stick of corsair value select ram and didn't work.

Need help bad!!!!!!! :mad:

3500+winnie
PQI 2GB dual channel kit
Jetway Pro mATX 939
ATI x800xl 512mb
120GB SATA seagate barracuda


When you build a new computer, XP needs to format. You can't just stick a hard drive in an old computer. Have you tried just 1 gb stick? Is your CD-Rom the first boot device?
 
Arkanian said:
When you build a new computer, XP needs to format. You can't just stick a hard drive in an old computer. Have you tried just 1 gb stick? Is your CD-Rom the first boot device?

I've tryed with just 1 and my cd-rom is first boot device
 
When you have the XP cd in the drive and start it up, does something come on the screen that says Press any key to boot from cd?
 
TUKIN18S said:
When you have the XP cd in the drive and start it up, does something come on the screen that says Press any key to boot from cd?

No

Ok the ram does work when they are in the 1st and 3rd slots. For reason after doing boot disks to get the xp it said that whole line like my scsi cd-rom drive needs to be made sure its connected bs. It is....so i don't know what to do here....
 
Can you try an IDE CD-ROM? I'm not sure on your board specs. You could use the IDE CDROM and then after XP formats and installes go back to the SCSI.
 
TUKIN18S said:
Can you try an IDE CD-ROM? I'm not sure on your board specs. You could use the IDE CDROM and then after XP formats and installes go back to the SCSI.

Tryed that then it had a problem with not finding the hard drive. I'm going to try a regular ide hdd at some point. So far it looks like xp has problems with the boards sata.
 
when i installed windows on my sata drive i had to press f6 during install and put in the driver via floppy before windows had access to the sata drive.

i would say try to get the information off the drive and format and start fresh.
 
Aku12 said:
when i installed windows on my sata drive i had to press f6 during install and put in the driver via floppy before windows had access to the sata drive.

i would say try to get the information off the drive and format and start fresh.
QFT..yes I concure use an IDE CD-ROM and then hit F6 when it tells you to at the begining
 
tw33d said:
Tryed that then it had a problem with not finding the hard drive.
You had the jumpers or cables plugged in wrong.

Ya SATA fix like the guys above said. I heard there was that issue with the new SATA chip not being recognized by the XP CD. Not surprising, since those XP drivers are probably from like 2001.
 
Follow the instructions in the manual to create the floppy disc for sata driver. Go to the dir on the cd that it tells you to and copy the files and the folder for your OS (win XP). Connect an IDE cd drv and put the XP disc in it. Boot to the CD and load the sata drivers from the floppy when it asks for them. After you have done all that you can continue to install the OS it will detect the existing OS and give you the option continue with the install or repair the existing OS. If you choose repair it will redetect all hardware and make the changes for the new mother board! Then go back into the bios and set the first boot device to SCSI (SATA) and boot from the sata hdd. All from memory....I think I have it all in the right order. Good luck!

Also afterwards you will have to re do windows updates.
 
rktmn247 said:
Follow the instructions in the manual to create the floppy disc for sata driver. Go to the dir on the cd that it tells you to and copy the files and the folder for your OS (win XP). Connect an IDE cd drv and put the XP disc in it. Boot to the CD and load the sata drivers from the floppy when it asks for them. After you have done all that you can continue to install the OS it will detect the existing OS and give you the option continue with the install or repair the existing OS. If you choose repair it will redetect all hardware and make the changes for the new mother board! Then go back into the bios and set the first boot device to SCSI (SATA) and boot from the sata hdd. All from memory....I think I have it all in the right order. Good luck!

Also afterwards you will have to re do windows updates.

I already deleted the partition so no going back on previous install. I am going to try the ide cd drive and see if i get the same crap about it not being able to detect. Getting updated drivers though so hopefully this works.
 
To bad I didnt catch your post earlier I could have saved you some trouble. It would have worked!
 
rktmn247 said:
To bad I didnt catch your post earlier I could have saved you some trouble. It would have worked!

I said to hell with SATA drives and put in the LiteOn 16x dvd burner and a 80GB samsung ATA133 drive and works perfect now. From my experience with the SATA drives it seems the ATA133 is faster, at least a better sustained transfer speed.
 
Back
Top