• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New sff builder plz help

Wuuzy

n00b
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
32
Hi,

I'm looking to build a sff system and have come to decide between the Aspire Q-pack and the Antec Aria as case choices. What is the better case and if possible are there better sff cases that run cooler than those? I am looking to put a 7800 GTX in it. Also, what is a good motherboard for SFF systems? I am looking for one that is socket 939 with good overclocking abilities and options. All input would be greatly appreciated.

Update: What are some good psus and CPU cooling fans that can fit in an qpack?

Thanks
 
helooooooooooo

Im gonna have to put a vote for the Qpack. I do this on the grouns of the ARIA being both but ugly and having lots of overheating problems. The Qpack's ease of assembly is also a plus. as for mATX boards with overclocking options, your main choices are the ATI xpress 200 chipset, the Foxconn nf4 chipset, or the new nvidia 6100 chipset. I would go with the nf4 because it doesnt have onboard graphics or anything, but it is also foxconn.... and the ATI one isnt bad...
 
The Foxconn NF4 m-ATX board has ZERO overclocking potential. Now their 6100 series board may be another story, but the jury is still out on that one. Go with the X-Qpack over the Aria.

If you only need 2 SATA ports, no firewire, gigabit LAN, and don't need the HD Azalea audio, go with the Biostar 6100. Peeps are getting FSB speeds I only though was possible on a DFI board.

Gigabyte has a 6100 board with the better 430 southbridge (firewire, gigabit LAN, 4 SATA ports, HD Azalea onboard audio), but no one has tested it yet.

I personally need the 430 southbridge features so I'm going to hold on for reviews on the Gigabyte board, or wait for the other manufacturer's 430 chipsets to come to market.
 
a lot of people are getting good results out of the biostar T-Force boards... i like the aria well enough, but its a little too much of a tight squeez, i think you'll have a little more room in the qpack
 
I say go with Qpack/Tforce mobo
as for PSUs
Antec Neopower 480W (not NeoHE, there are some issues with those)
Seasonic
OCZ Modstream
PC P&C

for cooling, the zalman 7000B Cu or AlCu is great.
so is the thermalright XP-90 heatsink but u have to do some minor modding to fit a fan on top of it (very minor modding, you dont have to cut anything lol)
 
you can also try and get ASUS's new a8n-vm csm it is a 6150 mobo...
a bit hard to get but should be available in a few says... and I'm not sure about its overclocking abilities... I had a biostar i sent it back i had some problems with it I am waiting for the Asus...
 
Back
Top