New set-up advice

WiSH2oo0

Weaksauce
Hey All,

I'm looking at water cooling my gear and had a few questions. I just ordered the Swiftech H220 and Fractal Design Arc Midi 2. I also ordered 5x Noctua NF-F12 fans to replace all the fans in the case and on the H220. I also picked up some PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8in. x 5/8in. Tubing and Silver Coils. I will be running distilled water, silver coil and a couple drops of dish soap. I was wondering if I'm missing anything for my loop and what is the best radiator I can use along w/ my set up?

Ty

Still would like some advice on what 240 radiator I can pair with my Swiftech H220, in front of my Arc Midi 2 case and 2x Noctua NF-F12 fans in pull config.

Ty

The "best" radiator depends on your needs and goals. Are you limited in rad thickness due to space constraints? What speed do you plan to run your fans at? Do you have a budget or cost not a concern?

Good Morning Cruiza,

My goals are to cool my motherboard and CPU. I have the new Arc Midi 2 and will be removing all the HDD cages, so I do not believe the thickness of the radiator will come into play. I also plan on running my fans at the lowest speed to keep things nice and quite. I am not a fan of the loud case fans. I remember 8 to 9 years ago running Tornado fans while playing CS and my computer sounding like a vacuum cleaner ;) I'm thinking as far as budget goes I would like to stay around $100 - $200 for the radiator and fittings. I am not sure what the Swiftech H220 pump will be able to handle, so I wanted to double check here and pick peoples brains.

So the things I need I believe are:

1 - 0.999 Silver
2 - 240 Radiator for a front mount on my Arc Midi 2
3 - Fittings for the new Radiator
4 - Tubing. I think I am going to use 3/8" by 5/8"?
5 - Maybe a reservoir and fitting? Could I just use the fill port on the Swiftech H220 radiator?

Thank You

Don't bother cooling your motherboard, cool your GPUs before motherboard.

You can use the fillport on the H220, but depending on where it's mounted you may have a hard time getting to it.

Yes, you should use the same size tubing as the already existing tubing.

Since you want quiet, you should go with a low FPI, thick radiator. The Alphacool UT60 and Black Ice SR-1 are top series in this regard.

The H220 pump is decent, very similar in specs to the MCP350. It'll be able to handle some extra loads.

Hello Tsumi,

After reviewing the Alphacool UT60 and Black Ice SR-1 radiators you posted. I kind of want to scrap the stock H220 radiator and only use the pump from the H220 set-up. With a 280 radiator do I need to set my fans up in a push/pull or will pull work just fine? Also can I use that H220 pump with either two of those Alphacool UT60 or Black Ice SR-1 radiators if I scrap the stock H220 radiator?

Thanks

It doesn't really matter whether you do push/pull or push or pull only. Of course, push/pull will have better performance, but your system doesn't really require it. Just make sure you can actually fit a 280 radiator.

You will also need to make sure you have a reservoir above the pump. If you're going to ditch the H220 radiator, you might as well start the system from scratch.

Ty for the link Gorilla.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the Alphacool UT60. I'll make sure to mount my reservoir above the pump.

Thank All

Back