• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New Seagate HDs

shoney

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
130
Seagate Press Release

Seagate 7200.9 series to include:
- 3Gb/s SATA II
- 500GB capacity
- 16MB of cache
- quietest operation in desktop PC HDD


I can't wait to get one, I'm gonna ask my dad to get me these with his employee discount.
 
Really nice to se these coming. Im going to grab one right away when they hit the shelves :D
 
June 8 2005, still no drives. Seagate's paper launches are getting pretty bad :mad:
 
I am setting up as we speak some WD Caviars RE2 with 16mb each, 400GB each. a total of 8 in RAID 5.

Longer warranty too and very nice drives.
 
sounds great something new to use in client PC's. also something to blow next paycheck on.
 
JP said:
I am setting up as we speak some WD Caviars RE2 with 16mb each, 400GB each. a total of 8 in RAID 5.

Longer warranty too and very nice drives.
Benchies? Also, that make you elieigble to join the Terbayte Club, see the sticky at the top of this forum for details.
 
JP said:
I am setting up as we speak some WD Caviars RE2 with 16mb each, 400GB each. a total of 8 in RAID 5.

Longer warranty too and very nice drives.

They look awesome, but according to the WD Site, they don't reccommend using them in a desktop environment, which is rather unfortunate, I was just about to rip out the credit card and order 4.... :mad:
 
For very good reason. The WD drives have an error recovery feature on them disabled. This improves their compatibility with big-leauge hardware RAID controllers, as they do error recovery in their own BIOSes, but means that corruption may get propogated to the disk if they are installed in a system without some sort of other disk write error recovery mechanism.
 
DougLite said:
For very good reason. The WD drives have an error recovery feature on them disabled. This improves their compatibility with big-leauge hardware RAID controllers, as they do error recovery in their own BIOSes, but means that corruption may get propogated to the disk if they are installed in a system without some sort of other disk write error recovery mechanism.
Oh, yeah, I realised the reason behind it, I just commented on it being unfortunate.
 
Back
Top