New Screen Out Acer AL2251w !!!

jsbond0071

n00b
You can find it at tigerdirect and circuitcity.

Has anyone yet seen this monitor. Does this really have a glossy screen that so many of us have been really waiting for on a 22" widescreen. Acer's says this screen includes their crystalbrite technology.

Can someone confirm this. I am abroad on a business trip thus stopping me taking a visit to my local circuit city store.

Thanks.

James.

crystalbright is glossy. i have it on my 20" acer. i really want that 22 though. I'd sell mine but id take it @ such a loss.

the cc review says it isnt glossy though

People actually want glossy screen? Heh, couldn't stand my Sony becasue it was like looking in a smoked mirror.

Hmm...I've had nothing but bad experiences (customer support wise not product wise) with Acer of late. It will be good to finally see a glossy display out though.

Can anyone confirmed that they have actually seen this monitor and it does have a glossy screen.

James.

Has anyone checked this monitor out in circuit city yet? We really need to know if this monitor has a glossy screen.

Thanks.

James.

I was at CircuitCity yesterday and expected to see it. But there was none on display... :(

PS/ By the way, it seems like the specs mention a VESA compatibility (I'd like to mount it on the wall), but I don't see how it could be possible with monitor...

The external power brick and the fugly facade of itself throws me off. I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole. That is unless it was an S-IPS panel....

The external power brick and the fugly facade of itself throws me off. I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole. That is unless it was an S-IPS panel....

No way it is(s-ips) at the price they are charging.I have not seen an LCD with an external power supply in years...

1. Is it glossy or confirmed not glossy? I want glossy as I have glossy CrystalBrite widescreen panel in my Acer 3024WLMi notebook - it's beautiful.

2. How is the ghosting and most importantly: input lag? I'm amazed with my notebook's panel as I just played Battlefield on it and tried turning around really fast - there was NO ghosting (or I didn't notice).
Notice that I mainly game on 24" Widescreen Sony CRT and I don't want something which will kill my fast FPS gaming with ghosting or input lag.

No way it is(s-ips) at the price they are charging.I have not seen an LCD with an external power supply in years...

Suprisingly enough LG still has external power supplies on the majority of their monitors.

Also I dont think 22 inch S-IPS panels will be out for some time still early 08

Suprisingly enough LG still has external power supplies on the majority of their monitors.

Also I dont think 22 inch S-IPS panels will be out for some time still early 08
My Acer F-20 has an extenal power brick...the advantage is that the actual panel can be slimmer and more sleek...with less heat and no chance of noise on top of your desk. My Dell 2007WFP (with integrated power) gets twice as hot as the Acer...the F-20 barely feels warm after several hours of being on.

Back