• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Sapphire 5770

wizang

Gawd
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
538
I was thinking about buying the Vapor-x sapphire 5770, but I feel like the price is somewhat bloated right now for the performance level these cards are at. A new sapphire card popped up on newegg but there's basically no reviews and I can't find another one of their cards with that heatsink around. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102873

Does anyone know anything about this cooler, my main concern is performance to quietness. Any thoughts are appreciated!
 
It looks like a revision of the phoenix cooler. I got the eggshell version of the 5770 and even though the price is still high they are a pretty good upgrade unless your willing buy a 4870 or gtx 260 used.
 
I was thinking about buying the Vapor-x sapphire 5770, but I feel like the price is somewhat bloated right now for the performance level these cards are at. A new sapphire card popped up on newegg but there's basically no reviews and I can't find another one of their cards with that heatsink around. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102873

Does anyone know anything about this cooler, my main concern is performance to quietness. Any thoughts are appreciated!

it looks like the V2 cooler with a custom "shroud" on it. Alot of people were complaining about how the V2 looks so it seems like sapphire has made a compromise on this version.

154 aint bad, i got my vapor-x on amazon for 175 shipped but have been very happy with it.
 
Revision 3 cooler? Modified shroud and all. I thought most AIBs said they wouldn't bother with the shroud since it brings up costs. IIRC, XFX was the only one who said they'd continue the shroud.

Makes me wonder if Sapphire's done anything else to it too.
 
Back
Top